Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: For Standard Gear, What's your ladder of choice?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> For Standard Gear, What's your ladder of choice?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 10:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

obiwancanoli wrote:

DFord wrote:

After trying other ladders, I settled on the 7 foot double sided folding ladder. It can be stored in a 5 inch square plastic fence post yet it's nice and sturdy when in use. I tried the single sided 5 and 6 foot models but this 7 footer is the best of them all and I wish I hadn't wasted my money on those others.
[image]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmsOd7atirI

Look around good before buy because I've seen pricing from $125 to $200 on them.

This looks very interesting... will check into this one, would like something a bit higher, maybe 7-8 foot, thanks!

Yup, that's the one I found on Amazon for $172, the 7-footer... I'm pleased... most other places was $200-$250, if they weren't out of stock... thinking about the top cover, too... $27

irishtom29

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/19 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried one of those telescoping ladders and it was both heavy and a pain in the ass to use, a real finger pincher. I gave it away and bought a 17 foot Little Giant. It easier to use and works as both a straight ladder and step ladder.

obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/19 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The specific reason I wanted it was to be able to more easily clean my windshield. I don’t need it to get on top the RV, as I have a ladder in the rear I can use for that purpose. Besides my goal was to have something as compact and easily storable as possible, and I think this ladder will accomplish that. It’s not like I’m going to be pulling it in and out all the time…r

* This post was edited 09/19/19 07:01am by obiwancanoli *

scbwr

North Ridgeville, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

obiwancanoli wrote:

The specific reason I wanted it was to be able to more easily clean my windshield. I don’t need it to get on top the RV, as I have a ladder in the rear I can use for that purpose. Besides my goal was to have something as compact and easily storable as possible, and I think this latter will accomplish that. It’s not like I’m going to be pulling it in and out all the time…

Based on that, check out the GP logistics due to how compact it is for storage, and will work for what you want to do.

2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

2manytoyz

Central FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought an Xtend & Climb Ladder in 2004 for use with my first Class A. Truth is, I use it at home a LOT more than with the RV.

12.5' of ladder folds up to 2.5', and only weighs 25lbs. You can extend only as much as you need.

[image]

[image]

[image]

There are many brands of these now, but I can only give feedback on the brand I have, which is made from aircraft grade aluminum. Even though it's 15 years old, and has been used a lot, it still works perfectly.

Link to the equivalent to what I have: https://amzn.to/2Oc8Iw2

Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

lawjohnson

Lake Stevens WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 11:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use the Little Giant but I have a pass through in one of my bays so I can slide it in there sideways.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> For Standard Gear, What's your ladder of choice?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS