cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anybody ever install wallpaper inside their RV?

bullmastifflove
Explorer
Explorer
I have a toy hauler and the wall & door that separates the kitchen from the bed/bath area is covered with that faux wood paneling. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with installing wallpaper over that. I'll try to post pics later.
2001 F350 7.3 PSD 4x4
2002 Thor Tahoe Transport 33TB
2004 2332 VW sandrail, 4 seat, long travel
1993 Grumman 14' fishing boat
6 REPLIES 6

jrloucks
Explorer
Explorer
I renovated the bathroom in our Class C back in 2016. I installed new wallpaper on a section of the (new) hardboard wall, behind the sink/vanity and toilet.

The wallpaper I selected was designed for bathrooms, moisture resistant and washable (available on-line from Lowes). Graham & Brown makes kitchen/bathroom wallpaper under the "Contour" brand.

I discovered after our first wallpaper hanging attempt, and subsequently talking to the wallpaper manufacturer, that I needed to prime the (new) wall surface first. This is so the wallpaper glue wouldn't be sucked into the new (hard)board. Our second wallpaper hanging was successful. Wallpaper has stayed in place for 4 years now.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used prepasted, but purchased seperately the vinyl on vinyl paste which is usually used to put a border over vinyl wallpaper. It's been up at least 8 years, no loose edges.

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
I used pre pasted wallpaper from big box store and spent the next year repasting edges where they curled up!

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
DW has covered paneling several times. There is a base coat paint that you apply first, which gives the wallpaper better grip. On panels that had grooving, she used spackling to fill the grooves, than painted the base coat over that. When we moved several years later, it was still stuck well. She has also applied trim strips to some of the walls in the MH.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I have been busy doing the opposite, painting over my wallpaper. Time to get rid of the dusty rose and teal pattern. Maybe think about just painting it as well.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Should be easy to do.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad