cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera monitor/ cd/ radio quit working.

Tom_in_Tulsa
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Forest River Georgetown Class A. The camera monitor located on the dash attached to the CD player is no longer working. Radio/cd quit too. I can't tell if it is a fuse. I have checked a bunch of fuses under the driver side dash but they seem to be OK.

Is the monitor/cd player shot or is it something fixable. If i need to replace, where do i find a replacement other than Forest River for a 12 year old unit.
2008 Forest River Georgetown 357; F53 Triton V10 gas engine; Alison trans.
Onan 5000 generator
6 REPLIES 6

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
what your saying you lost 3 or 4 different 12 volt systems at the same time because of dust?
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Tom_Cooper
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent that the problem was solved! Just for the future: the problem may also be in the dust, it should not be underestimated. I just had a similar situation and the reason was dust

Tom_in_Tulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, It was several fuses. All is operational now and even the generator stays on!
2008 Forest River Georgetown 357; F53 Triton V10 gas engine; Alison trans.
Onan 5000 generator

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
mine is a 07 while I had radio out it had a master fuse maybe yours systems are all tied into it just saying maybe.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
First you need to check to ensure that you have 12 volts to the system. Do you own a volt meter. just some info for you.

http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Call around to some "car audio" shops.

BUT....I was recently reminded that in my A, the dash mounted radio is powered off of the HOUSE batteries.....and if you have the house battery disconnect switch in the OFF position, the dash radio won't have power.

I remembered that right before I started calling audio shops.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"