Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Slides will not extend
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Slides will not extend

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
campingshadow

Waskom, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/19 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I appreciate all the responses. I am going to print them all out and the next time my friend who is way more mechanically inclined than I am (I am 0% - he is 10,000%) is here we will start going thru this thing fuse by fuse. When we first moved the RV the air was working properly, Now with going on 6 weeks of high 90's and low 100's with no end in sight for at least another week....the air in the RV has stopped working also.

The house air went out last week and we cannot get the house temps below 85 - day or night. So finally a 5 ton A/C will be installed tomorrow. Once we can get back to a stable environment here and rebuild the savings account a bit, we will tackle the RV issues. I will surely let you know what we find out.

Thanks so much for all your help and ideas.

Shadow and LD

2003 36' Cedar Creek RLS Fifth Wheel

Retired and loving it!!!!

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1. There should be a switch by hyd pump (our '06 CC was located by left compartment door next to landing leg) that you can use to extend slides w/o going inside of coach.

2. Find where main cable from battery attaches to a row or bank of breakers. Using a 12v tester, check to make sure you have power from battery on at least 1 side. Where you see a buss bar connecting 2 breakers together, that's more than likely the breaker(s) for your slides. Had to replace ours due to intermittent operation of slides. Perhaps might not be a bad idea to replace all of them w/ new ones anyways.

3. Not sure about your A/C, so follow advice from others.

4. Like AP said, you can extend the slides w/a drill via a connector/extension on side of coach to hyd pump.

5. All the breakers (at least on our '06) where located in same area as #1 under a small plastic cover. Cannot miss them as there should be a bunch of wires there. If not, will be in front compartment, left side.

Let us know how you make out.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/19 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are breakers in the front near the pump. They are auto reset and do go bad, I just replaced one that would trip after moving a few inches and stop, restart, stop, restart. It had 2 40 amp breakers tied together (80amps) and I was advised by tech support to increase the size, it's now 2 50amp.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Slides will not extend
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS