Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Hello anyone live in Vancouver WA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Hello anyone live in Vancouver WA

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
clswift

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/19 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello my name is Chuck
I’m thinking of buying a class a rv when I retire. I would love to meet with someone that lives in my area that has experience with a class a
I would like to discuss what it’s actually like to own one.
It would be great to meet you.
Thanks
Chuck

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/19 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
While you're waiting to meet someone to discuss Class A ownership, you can start by asking questions here on the forum.
There is a lot of knowledge and experience available, just ask.

clswift

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
While you're waiting to meet someone to discuss Class A ownership, you can start by asking questions here on the forum.
There is a lot of knowledge and experience available, just ask.

Thanks and I sure will.
Chuck

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/19 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have tent camped, pop-up camped, travel trailer camped, and now fifth wheel camped. My wife grew up camping and her parents had it all, pop-up, travel trailer, truck camper, motor home, even a boat, (never a fifth wheel though). My parents owned a travel trailer in the 1960's. We both agree that every moment spent camping, traveling, exploring new locations, has always been a magnificent experience. About the time we think, "Wow! nothing can beat this!" along comes "tomorrow" that does "top it!"

And it is my prediction that when you take possession of your Class A, you will be thrilled out of your mind and you'll find this RVing experience enthralling too.

I think the best advise I can give you, is to purchase that RV at least a year before you plan on hitting the road on a full time basis. You REALLY need that year to go camping on short trips near home where you can work out the many, many, many bugs in the RV itself, AND to learn your own style of RVing. You need to get to know your RV inside and out, you need to know and be prepared to do a lot of "fixes" yourself, and not be afraid to do so. You need to work out everything from insurance, to a permanent residence, to internet access, to the type of tooth paste which works best for you.

It sounds like a glamours lifestyle. But if you are not prepared in advance for any eventual event, campsite, or style of camping, you'll find yourself bewildered and at a loss. The way to avoid this, is to gain experience with your new RV and get to know it, and yourself, and really .... that takes about a year with any RV. You need to experience hot weather camping, and sub-freezing weather camping, rain and drought, boondocking and full hook-up campsites. It's better to do this when you are just a few hours from home, have somewhere you can go home to, so you can adjust your "style" for the next outing. This only occurs over time.

Then when you truly hit the road full time, .... oh, I guarantee you ... you'll still have surprises and situations you never dreamed would happen, but at least you'll be prepared to handle them.

This is my advise. Good luck.

Fleet Man

Western WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chuck,
Check your Private Messages.

2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Hello anyone live in Vancouver WA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.