Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Help with full timing over the winter
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Help with full timing over the winter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/19 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom/Barb wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Before giving advice I'd like to know what was wrong with Florida.

My guess is EVERYTHING! FL is a horrible place!

Spread the word please and keep some of the 1000 people a day that are moving here from doing so. We actually prefer the mountain west but that of course is because we've been living here our whole lives and are jaded.

Last we were there the mosquitoes carried off two kids and the dog.

AGAIN. That is in the 'South' of Florida. It's where all the swamps are, what do you expect? [emoticon] Never could understand why people snowbird to the far south of Florida, hot, unbearable humidity and jammed packed sardine camping.

Where I am at I can stay out all night and not see one mosquito. It's called central Florida where there are real forests with real trees and crystal clear blue springs all around. Best kept secret in Florida Shhh, don't tell everyone![emoticon]

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/19 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You must be on the West Coast as the East Coast is not anything like you describe!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/19 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

2oldman wrote:

My guess is EVERYTHING! FL is a horrible place!

Spread the word please and keep some of the 1000 people a day that are moving here from doing so. We actually prefer the mountain west but that of course is because we've been living here our whole lives and are jaded.

Actually Georgia is the absolute worst place to go for someone who once lived in the NE. Also a big factor is Georgia is a nightmare for liberals or people who tend to vote Dem. You are better to go to CA than GA. In general I would not consider moving to Georgia at all for any reason. It seems appealing for better cost of living and mild weather but it is just horrible. tell all your friends. Beware!!!

jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

My problem with Florida. Florida is where old people go to visit their parents.

Roy&Lynne

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always heard that Alamogordo New Mexico was a great place to winter. Especially if your a golf family and the price is right. Also Southeast Texas along the gulf coast is pretty awesome. Yuma Arizona is also a great place, but its wall to wall RVs in the foothills.

Our Road Less Traveled

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The "V" in RV refers to vehicle. Why would you want to spend weeks or months in an RV park?

luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where else would you suggest people IN Rv's park?

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

The "V" in RV refers to vehicle. Why would you want to spend weeks or months in an RV park?
The only thing that could make that more amusing is if you lived in New York, New York.

I will attempt to answer your question. I like to travel with all the comforts of home. I like cool weather of a summer and warm weather of a winter. With my RV I can have a lake front cabin, a mountain chalet, a deep woods retreat, a beach front resort. I can visit family without being a imposition. To me spending weeks or months in a RV is no different than spending weeks or months at home. I guess I can't do endless maintenance and yard work in a RV.

luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nicely said Colliehauler

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/19 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

I am hopeful that his was just a post made in jest. However, it might have been made after the 2nd cocktail. In either case it is not helpful in any way to anyone. If you want to know why us RVers park for weeks or months in an RV park you should start a new topic. I spent an entire year in one park a few years back. Not my choice but sometimes our lives are controlled by outside forces. I regularly stay at RV parks for 2-6 weeks and if I could spend the Summer in the NW I would likely spend a month or so in 2-3 different areas. I could go on, but I won't in hopes that your post will simply be overlooked by those interested in the topic.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Help with full timing over the winter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS