Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Help with full timing over the winter
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Help with full timing over the winter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

It's been answered by many.
I can start a new list and others can jump in if you like.
Too hot.
Too humid.
Too many bugs.
God's waiting room.
Too many reckless old folks behind the wheel.
Did I mention the bugs? Love bugs twice a year are the worst other than the killer skeeters that keep you indoors all mornings and all evenings.

Florida is a big state with 20 to 30 degree differences any time of the year.

Sounds like you have only stayed in the southern part of Florida which we call the swamps! Which IS where you WILL encounter very hot temps, very high Humidity, bugs, snakes, gators, CG's sardine packed with snowbirds who don't know any better. [emoticon]

I could tell you where I stay in Florida that has NONE of what you listed but does have beautiful crystal clear springs and rivers and 'real' forests with real trees, numerous CG's with trees and big sites, etc etc., but then again, I like the tranquility this area has right now without all the crazies finding out about it! [emoticon]

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best place , North Central Fl. and West into the panhandle staying 20 miles or so from the Gulf . Lots of small towns , friendliest people [ we send the grumps to Disney and beyond ], best fishing , salt or fresh ,monthly rents $250 to $350. We do not need high priced amenities , we got springs , forests , manatees ,kayaks, A few Yankees , mostly nice [ Ya can always spot the mean ones , black t-shirts ] .

tjfogelberg

Twin Cities MN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 02:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thousand Trails is my answer to the question of where to land for the winter. With the Trails Collection, I have access to 190 parks. Lots of good parks in Florida, Arizona, and Texas. Not to mention California which I haven't been to yet. Can move "park to park" and mix it up with stays in state parks and private campgrounds. Solves the dilemma of which place is best. With the "Elite" contract, you can make reservations 120 days in advance.

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tjfogelberg wrote:

Thousand Trails is my answer to the question of where to land for the winter. With the Trails Collection, I have access to 190 parks. Lots of good parks in Florida, Arizona, and Texas. Not to mention California which I haven't been to yet. Can move "park to park" and mix it up with stays in state parks and private campgrounds. Solves the dilemma of which place is best. With the "Elite" contract, you can make reservations 120 days in advance.

1, I don't know the age of folks involved but the Trails Collection parks in Arizona are all Age Qualified (i.e. 55+). The only non-AQ park in AZ is the Thousand Trails park.

2, Trails Collection is limited to a 60 day reservation window regardless of your Thousand Trails membership. I have Elite and am at 120 days for most TT parks but not TC parks.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

mr. ed

Tucson AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

luvmydogs wrote:

Thanks Mr Ed, would you have the name to that mobile home park in Tuscon?

Also, to Ghooos, I think that ship has sailed.

luvmydogs, I sent you a PM with the info some time ago. If you didn't receive it, let me know.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Ed, just pm'ed you back

ghooos

yeaop

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before giving advice I'd like to know what was wrong with Florida.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/19 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's a joke, right? Are you the same one who has made this exact same post over and over again? I should have looked first. Yes, you are! Go back to FL and leave the rest of us alone.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 07:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess thats number one on the list of "whats wrong with Florida". lol lol

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/19 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm renting a brand new (small) 3-bedroom, 2 bath house in Pereira, Colombia for 6 months for $400 per month. Electric, gas, water, Internet, and cable cost about another $100 per month, total. The temperature here goes from a low of about 60 to a high of about 80 all 365 days a year, year after year. The houses don't even have A/C or heating because you never need it. Not a bad way to spend the Winter. In March I'm going back to the US to tour the country in an RV.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Help with full timing over the winter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.