Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV route, Albany NY to Acadia National park
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> RV route, Albany NY to Acadia National park

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
2stepn

Northern Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/19 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are traveling from Idaho to Maine.
We are currently in the Albany NY area visiting family, and will be heading to Acadia national park in about a week.
I"m looking for a good route to tow my 5th wheel to Bar Harbor and would appreciate any information you have to share traveling in this area.
Thanks Bill

2008 F250sc 4x4 V10 4:10 TorqShift
2014 Eagle HT 26.5 RLS

WILDEBILL308

FORT WORTH , TEXAS

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can go I-90 to I-95 North to I-295 north of Portland and pick up US-1.
Don't forget to stop in Freeport, I was there in June.
Bill

2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

docsouce

Seekonk Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/19 08:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We'll if your not in a rush I-87 north to Queensbury rd 149 then rt4 to I-91 north at White River Jct Vt to Route 2 to Bangor then Rd 1A to Bar Harbor/Acadia Np. Gorham New Hamshire (Mount Washington) is about 250 miles from Albany using this route. Some nice RV parks in the Gorham area and lots of things to see and do there to. If you like the interstate I-90 to I-91 North in Springfield Ma to Route 2 in Vt. They just repaved I-91 and it's smoooth.. Just a thought.... OH the Oceanside KOA there is pretty nice and serves a great lobster dinner for $23.

* This post was edited 09/02/19 08:29pm by docsouce *

2016 Thor Freedom Elite 22e
Just right for the two of us!

2stepn

Northern Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the route info. Bill

moebedick

Worcester,Ma

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m sure that you will either study maps or use your gps and have that AHA moment when you discover a beautiful shortcut through Worcester,Massachusetts called Rt 290. Resist the urge to save one minute and a little toll money. The “short cut “ will probably add hours to your trip and take a toll on your personal longevity. This is possibly the worst road to use as a time saver west of Boston or east of Chicago off Rt 90. The traffic is hideous,the drivers uncivilized and the roadway is serpentine. Construction is a constant and the bridge joints will put you airborne. Go east to Rt 495 to 95 to 295. A more leisurely and scenic ride would be Ma 2 to 495 etc. Whatever route you choose, you’re going to hit traffic and some real doozies driving, particularly in Lawrence and across SE New Hampshire. If you survive the trip, be sure to see the Schoodic Peninsula... Maine the way it used to be. Great National Park campground and much less expensive than Acadia.

Crabbypatty

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/19 04:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would take choice 2 and go through the scenic mountains. On the causeway to Mt Desert Island is Trents Lobster Pound. We had the sweetest 2 pounders anywhere... I second KOA Ocean we had a waterfront site and they have the mountain explorer bus picks you up takes you around the island for free. No need to drive on the Island if you don't want to. I also second the lobstah dinners at KOA Ocean for when you just want to be lazy and stay home.

Acadia is beautiful and my daughter was just there catching the sunrise. Also bike trails in Acadia. Lots of fun.

Happy Trails

John, Lisa & Tara">">">
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> RV route, Albany NY to Acadia National park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.