cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fishing from Accessible Banks in Utah - Where?

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
I am taking a niece fishing in Utah, and I need some suggestions. She is not entirely "mobile" at the moment and I would like some suggestions on WHERE to go that MIGHT be totally accessible WITHOUT having to hike or walk a long ways in order to fish from the bank. (No boats.)
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Lura
'19 Nash (Northwood Mft) 22H
'07 2500 GMC Sierra HD, CC, 4x4, 3.73s, LongBed Duramax,
Equalizer, Enkay Mudflaps
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc
"A bird is a bird. A fish is a fish. A Dog is a Person."
5 REPLIES 5

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
THANK YOU all for your suggestions!!! This has been most helpful.
Appreciate your help.
Lura
'19 Nash (Northwood Mft) 22H
'07 2500 GMC Sierra HD, CC, 4x4, 3.73s, LongBed Duramax,
Equalizer, Enkay Mudflaps
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc
"A bird is a bird. A fish is a fish. A Dog is a Person."

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources has a list of accessible fishing spots on its webpage. https://wildlife.utah.gov/accessible-fishing.html

The page starts off with "The following is a list of waters that provide fishing access and good fishing to anglers who have physical challenges. Not all of these areas have hard surfaces, and those that do may not meet ADA standards. For more information, call the municipality or agency in charge of the pond or stream, or call the nearest Division of Wildlife Resources office."

Note the hard surfaces issue. If she is in a wheelchair, hard surfaces will help. Wheels and gravel don't mix too well.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
One person often in this room has a you tube channel showing a lot of Utah camping in particular. One episode #75 is flaming gorge and his location is on a sand/gravel beach just 30' from the waters edge.
Most of his videos are of BLM or State park camping and many are boondocking but you may get some ideas there.
Flaming Gorge
I dont know if this is the type of spots your looking for, but he has a lot of videos showing Utah camping areas.
I know this spot is one I'm looking forward too.

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer
Not meaning to sound like an arse but where in Utah are you talking/thinking about and how far is not too far to walk/hike. Are you willing to take some dirt roads to get there in your vehicle, high clearance even better but not 4 wheeling by any means. I know of a few places that might fit but depends on where you are at.

Fairly close to Joes Valley Reservoir which you could include on the list Potters Ponds north of JV, Miller Flat Res and Cleveland Res north of Potters Ponds, Huntington Res north of Miller Flat and Cleveland, Grassy Lake west of JV, Snow lake up off of Skyline drive west of JV and Grassy lake, Forsythe Res (tiger trout in there)south of I70 on 72 north of Loa/Fremont, Mill Meadows another option right down the road from Forsythe Res. I have caught many fish in all of those except Mill Meadows never fished it but from what I remember looked decent.
2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to remember Utah lake had that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman