Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Ford Questions
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
crawford

Dandridge Tenn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/19 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

Don't know about hub caps but tow mode just keeps it out of over drive and decreases fuel mileage.

My 2008 books says this and my transmission will not lock up while in tow mode but shifts seem firmer.

Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

crawford

Dandridge Tenn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/19 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blownstang01 wrote:

mleekamp wrote:

jy is correct...but allow me to add to that. Tow/Haul not only changes the shift points of the transmission, allowing it to hold a gear longer for towing or hilly climbs, it also functions as a "transmission brake" when going downhill. jy mentions this as well.

I recommend going to Ford website and you can download a PDF of the chassis owners manual, which should be a must for a chassis you are not familiar with.

What he said ^^^^
Manual vvv

2014 F-53 Manual

Even the 2014 Ford books states keep tow hall mode off for fuel MPG this only shows how many read the ford book

Hikerdogs

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/19 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 of the "exposed lug nuts" 180* from each other should have a horizontal slash across the wrench lands. Those nuts need to be removed with the T wrench to remove the hub cap.

As for the "Tow/Haul" button (5 and 6 speed transmissions) it changes the shift points, but still allows the transmission to go into overdrive. The "OD" button on the 4 speed (4R100) does lock out overdrive.

An additional feature of the 5 and 6 speed transmissions is when the Tow/Haul mode is engaged it will also provide engine braking. To slow the vehicle when going down hill with Tow/Haul engaged depress the brake pedal for 1 second or longer. If the speed increases more than 3 mph the transmission will downshift to the next lower gear if is within ithe safe RPM range.

Cruise control will perform a similar function. If going down hill with the cruise engaged it will downshift to the next lower gear maintain the set speed if it's within the safe RPM range.

Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 01:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Carvin Marvin wrote:

Just acquired a 2014 31' Newmar. How do I remove the hub caps on 19.5 tires? How does the "Tow Mode" function. Haven't got the books. Thanks in advance for assistance.

As said, two or three nuts with have an indention, to indicate the ones for the wheel cover. Some unscrew and some just pull off.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS