cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

inside light decreasing cover for ceiling vent

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
Would really like a light dampening screen that still allowed air through...
RVing since '74..
7 REPLIES 7

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
JaxDad wrote:
Why not just buy the Maxxair covers in black colour and get the best of both ideas?

X2
2010 Suncruiser

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are a wide variety of window films that reduce transparency.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
DFord wrote:
The first thing I do after buying an RV is buy the MaxxAir covers to put over my vents. They protect the cheapo covers on the vent from the rays of the sun and protect your RV from being trashed when those covers fail and allow the rain to come right through. One of the best investments (insurance) you can make.

This is a very good idea. It allows you to leave the vent open when it's raining, etc. Another benefit is it will will save the interior of your rig in storage from rain damage if it develops an unknown cracked vent cover (very common). It adds another layer of protection and one of the first mods most RVers do.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
MDKMDK wrote:
Paint the vent cover black.

Why not just buy the Maxxair covers in black colour and get the best of both ideas?

rav
Explorer
Explorer
x2

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
The first thing I do after buying an RV is buy the MaxxAir covers to put over my vents. They protect the cheapo covers on the vent from the rays of the sun and protect your RV from being trashed when those covers fail and allow the rain to come right through. One of the best investments (insurance) you can make.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Paint the vent cover black.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)