cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the lever to bypass fresh water tank?

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
OK We purchased 2005 E450 Fleetwood 26Q All of our RV's have had a lever to turn to either fill the fresh water tank or to bypass it when you are connected to city water. The water connection is just by itself. Could someone please tell me how I either fill the fresh water or bypass it so it doesn't fill up. We don't keep much water in the fresh tank traveling.

Thanks so much.
7 REPLIES 7

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
On our 2004 26Q, there is plastic spout with a valve just behind the driver's door to empty the fresh water tank. You fill the tank with a hose and a bendy plastic hose end in the port shown by Ichabod above. The "low point drain valves " are nearly impossible to access through a small panel near the floor on the bathroom wall. I had to remove the rear dinette seat and plywood base to access, open and close the #$%^& hot and cold water valves when sanitizing the water system. (It's probably not really necessary) There is a bypass valve under the sink to keep winterizing stuff from entering the water heater. We don't need to winterize here in Socal. More modern rigs have more user friendly drain valves and accomodations for winterizing.

When you hook up your white drinking water hose to the fitting on the side of the rig, a one-way valve feeds city water into the rig but doesn't fill the fresh water tank. You should buy a water pressure regulator to protect your plumbing from over pressure. Goes between hose end and city water fitting on the rig. You can also connect a water filter to the fitting to prevent unpleasant taste from camp water.

houstonstroker
Explorer
Explorer
"The water fills should be independent of each other. The city water should not fill the water tank. "

On my rig I have a lever, when turned city water fills the water tank. I can also fill the water tank via a gravity fitting.
2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
rondeb wrote:
As always someone always has the answer.

Answers and pics, we were running a special this week. 🙂

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much. I actually just looked and saw the one water fill. I quit looking when there wasn't a lever. Didn't realize that there was 2 different locations. I should have looked further. When we purchased it, it was winterized and we took it out to our RV guy and had him unwinterize and check all the systems and he put water in the tank so I hadn't thought about it further until yesterday as we are getting ready to take it out for a few days. I will give it another look and if there are any questions, I will sure come back to answer. Thanks again. As always someone always has the answer.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
As bobndot said the the water tank is under the dinette seat behind the drivers seat, the gravity fill is behind a locked door on drivers side like this

Open it up and there you will find the fill spout,unscrew the cap and insert hose to fill the water tank.

To hook to city water farther back on the same side you will find the hookup just unscrew the cap and attach your hose and turn it on

If you want to empty your fresh water tank,take the seat cushion off the forward dinette seat behind the drivers seat there will be a plywood cover and a small door open it up or remove the plywood you will see a valve like this just twist it so it aligns with the pipe and the water will empty under the RV.

Any other things I can help with just ask,I have a 2006 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is your water tank under the dinette seat just behind the drivers seat ?

The water fills should be independent of each other. The city water should not fill the water tank.

On the exterior of the 26Q, there should be an access door with a keylock located above the generator compartment. That's your freshwater gravity fill port.

city water inlet should be on the drivers side above the rear wheels.
On some models, its located on the passenger side with close access to the kitchen area.

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never had such a thing on any of our RV's... Ours appears to have an inline check valve where the city water and fresh tank feed intersect so that the city connection won't try to flow backward thru the water pump. Or maybe that's at the pump outflow...

Either way... no valve to switch. If there was, it would be somewhere around the bathroom sink cabinet, which is where our fresh supply T's into the fresh tank supply line.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit