Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for short toy hauler with slide

PDX_Zs
Explorer
Explorer
Title says most.

Looking for more like a 23 foot toy hauler. Length is the key for lots of places we camp. 26 is too long. Weight in unimportant.

Any suggestions for something that looks like that.

Slide is mandatory. Done with the whole bowling alley feel.

🙂

Thanks much!
9 REPLIES 9

Daryl
Explorer
Explorer
* * * Following * * *

Hey! Toy hauler manufacturers, looks like you have a market of at least two.

We are just beginning our search. Have had motorhomes (Class C and Class A) for the last 25+ years. We spent a large portion of yesterday at a couple different very large RV dealerships looking around. Very interesting what the 5'r and bumper pull market demands.

I want quality construction.
I don't care about fancy.
I would like to not be too limited about campground choices.

Small and fairly heavy is fine. A living room slide (not galley/kitchen) please.

Bedlam
It was a tag trailer about 26' overall length with 22x8.5 body. Mine was 7500 lbs dry with a 11,400 lbs GTWR. Dual 75 gal fresh, 50 gal gray and black, 10 gal hot, 40 gal fuel, 5500w Onan, 50A service

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28310024/gotomsg/28310264.cfm#28310264

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bedlam wrote:
My 2006 Weekend Warrior FB2200 had a driver side slide that contained a jack knife sofa. Mine was an open floor plan that still gave me over 15' of convertible garage space.
What is the overall length? 5th wheel or TT?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bedlam
My 2006 Weekend Warrior FB2200 had a driver side slide that contained a jack knife sofa. Mine was an open floor plan that still gave me over 15' of convertible garage space.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never looked at travel trailers, but about the shortest 5th wheel toyhauler we found with a slide, was about 30'- 35'. They may make shorter ones, but we never found one that appealed to us.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

PDX_Zs
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I guess that bedroom slide qualifies as a slide, but I thought the OP was talking about a living room area slide. Which was why I was really skeptical about finding one.

Yup. Living area slide.

Seemed like a good idea. I must be the only one.

So what IS the shortest that does that?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess that bedroom slide qualifies as a slide, but I thought the OP was talking about a living room area slide. Which was why I was really skeptical about finding one.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

brant_c
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick google turned this one up:
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2020-Winnebago-Spyder-23FS-5007680798

It is a 2020 23FS Winnebago Spyder with a slideout.
2015 F250 Platinum 6.7
2006 RPM 23FB Toy Hauler

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow, a slide in a sub-25' toyhauler. That could be really tough. We looked at toyhaulers for quite some time and had trouble finding any 5th wheel toyhaulers shorter than 35', with slides.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"