Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Goodyear Endurance long term review.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Goodyear Endurance long term review.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/19 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

otrfun wrote:

Anyone have any personal or hearsay reports of Goodyear Endurance tires failing catastrophically?

Not a single one! It just kills some that GY has a successful trailer tire.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/19 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Anyone have any personal or hearsay reports of Goodyear Endurance tires failing catastrophically?

ROFLMAO.....because no one answered his question on here that proves something? How many active members here? 27 or is it 29?

BTW I have read of a couple Endurance tires that developed bubbles, and one let loose after a few days parked at a campsite while the guy was having his morning Joe. That doesn't prove squat either. Go over to FRF and global search for Endurance failure.

I'm thankful I have never developed a case of Brandichosis. Thank you Jesus, Thank you Lord.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/19 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

'm thankful I have never developed a case of Brandichosis. Thank you Jesus, Thank you Lord.

[emoticon] Lets hope you don't either.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/19 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One was reported awhile back on ForestRiverForums.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Mike

Was it road hazard? Or was it the tires fault? Did GY look at the tire?

I am NOT saying it's not possible to have a bad tire but I follow many Forums and not a single tire "failure" that I have seen posted.

I spoke to Fred Khatami a while back when he was helping me with a tread separation on a GY 17.5" "H" tire and asked him about the ENDURANCE. He said "they have been trouble free". He is a GY Field Rep in SoCal.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Mike

This one? 7 pages and nothing other than he posted his date code.

Tireman9 even asked for pics.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac549 View Post
WOW,
Sitting in the campground. Under 400 miles on my NEW GOODYEAR ENDURANCE tires. I hear a sound like air escaping from a tire. Low and behold my brand new Goodyear tire is going flat. We have been parked here for 5 days. No idea why the side wall gave way. Thank goodness we were not on the road. Very disappointed. Nearest Discount Tire is 200 miles away.. I thought I did my homework????"

"If the sidewall failed, you probably ran it against a curb"

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Walaby wrote:

Mike

This one? 7 pages and nothing other than he posted his date code.

Tireman9 even asked for pics.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac549 View Post
WOW,
Sitting in the campground. Under 400 miles on my NEW GOODYEAR ENDURANCE tires. I hear a sound like air escaping from a tire. Low and behold my brand new Goodyear tire is going flat. We have been parked here for 5 days. No idea why the side wall gave way. Thank goodness we were not on the road. Very disappointed. Nearest Discount Tire is 200 miles away.. I thought I did my homework????"

"If the sidewall failed, you probably ran it against a curb"

Yep, that's the one I would assume.

A good reason why I pay little attention to any tire threads / posts on RV forums, good, bad, or indifferent.

Just this weekend I was sitting stopped behind someone waiting to make a left on a two lane highway. Some dunce pulling a small TT decided waiting was not for him, so he moves right crossing the white line onto the shoulder which was sort of wide, and passed the two people behind me, myself, and the guy turning left on the right while we were all stopped. He did so at speed, around 40 mph, and I heard all the debris he kicked up pepper my truck as he went by, and seen it flying around too. Wanna bet if he had a tire issue down the road a mile or two from that debris it would not be his fault, but the tires fault?

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Not a single one you say, seriously [emoticon]

If it does turn out to be successful , that would certainly be a first.

I have invited you a few times to go read the Goodyear tire failures on the Montana Forum , you seem to have your head in the sand on the Goodyear tires . Another the other day ,this was one of your favorites, the G114. The G614 pops up quite frequently.

On edit, for Cummins12V98, this post was not intended to include the Endurance ,should of been more specific , it was intended for the G114. and 614. No I never read about any issues with the Endurance on the Montana Forum ,nor have I ever mentioned the Endurance as far as issues .

* This post was last edited 09/09/19 04:41pm by cummins2014 *   View edit history

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

ROFLMAO.....because no one answered his question on here that proves something? How many active members here? 27 or is it 29?

BTW I have read of a couple Endurance tires that developed bubbles, and one let loose after a few days parked at a campsite while the guy was having his morning Joe. That doesn't prove squat either. Go over to FRF and global search for Endurance failure.

I'm thankful I have never developed a case of Brandichosis. Thank you Jesus, Thank you Lord.

You should be thankful [emoticon] If not you would have to go get a Ram truck, to join the Ram Mafia, the B&W heavyweight club, the list goes on [emoticon]

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

"As I have mentioned before. I have blown 3 trailer tires. They were all aired properly. They were all properly maintained. ( I blew 1 more , but it wasn't mine can't say how it was maintained) They all had had serious tread separation. AND they were all in their 4th (fourth) summer. Having had to change 3. 4 year old tires on the side of the highway. I will never run 4 year old tire again on a trailer again. Trailer tires age differently than car, or truck tires."

Well, if I worked with that theory, I'd be changing tires at 2 years, because the properly maintained ST tires blew at less than 2 years old. [emoticon]

Then again, perhaps if you had been using LT tires instead of ST tires they would have lasted longer than 4 years. My 6 year old LT tires show absolutely no signs of weathering or dry rot. Being built better is a definite plus.

Wondering. Can you get 14" LT tires, and do they lube themselves sitting still????. That is what causes them to rot.
Why yes, amazingly enough you can get 14" LT tires. If you let your tires sit long enough for them to rot, maybe you should consider taking up another hobby. I do use mine occasionally and have no issues with rot.

And of course, YMMV.

I use mine all summer. but from end of Oct to March it sits. Or has been.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Goodyear Endurance long term review.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS