cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti roll bars for fifth wheel with air ride.

LaundroKing
Explorer
Explorer
After installing Lippert center point air ride I noticed the trailer rolling a lot more in the corners and particularly with a cross wind. The way the system is set up, the air bags are interconnected, which allows them to bleed air from one side to the other. This tends to let the trailer roll even more in a long turn or strong cross wind.

I was wondering if anyone has installed or even seen anti roll bars for trainer axles. They are common place on tow vehicles, both front and back.
Mark

2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD BulletProfed
2008 Hartland Sundance 30ft 5er, Flexair pinbox, Center point equalizer.
9 REPLIES 9

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Simply LOOK at a CenterPoint OE install and you will see they have separate fill ports and gauges on each line. The Metal plates need to be paroles to each other for proper ride. That requires different pressures.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
jaycocamprs wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I would disconnect the hoses between them and install individual fillers for each side so the pressure can no longer transfer.
B.O.

I'd just put a valve in the crossover line. Open to fill then close.
Good answer. Keep it simple.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

LaundroKing
Explorer
Explorer
Separate lines and gauges would centrally work. Check valves would only let you put air in and not out if you needed to.

The system works great to keep the trailer and things inside from bouncing around. I would do it again in a heart beat on any trailer.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Mark

2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD BulletProfed
2008 Hartland Sundance 30ft 5er, Flexair pinbox, Center point equalizer.

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I would disconnect the hoses between them and install individual fillers for each side so the pressure can no longer transfer.
B.O.

I'd just put a valve in the crossover line. Open to fill then close.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had the CenterPoint system on my 07.5 Mobile Suites. Each side had a pressure gauge with separate fills. Bottom line the plates needed to be parallel to each other on level ground to be properly inflated.

Change to separate fills for each bag!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try calling Donvel to see if they have a valve that would work for you.

I know a guy who installed the Centerpoint on his Redwood Fifth Wheel, he never once complained about it. In fact, he commented whenever anyone was discussing the expense of installing the Morryde IS....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
If it was mine I would put check valves in the lines so the air can't tranfer, first I heard of anybody installing that system on a fw, How soft does everything need to be????
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.