cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't hear TV? ZVOX update!!

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Posted earlier about my hearing issue and can't hear TV when a/c and generator are running. Assuming I'm not the only one out there with this issue. Well, just installed the ZVOX soundbar and I'm telling you this thing is AMAZING! Lost most of my hearing in one ear, so hearing and following conversations on TV/Movies is tough. Well, this system allows the user to raise the Voice Track only up to 6 different levels. And, the general volume is a separate item. Super easy setup and if you want it loud, this soundbar really booms out the 3D sound/theatre sound! It's at least 3 times louder than what my TV was doing. OMG....can't tell you how excited I am with the freedom of being able to solve this most annoying problem. If you do have similar issue, order the 6-level adjustment model ($199 on sale) because it really gives you control over the voice portion of the program you're watching. A big THANKS to pnichols for the link to this website and product!
11 REPLIES 11

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
ZVOX follow-up: I started having a problems with both TV sound and ZVOX sound causing an echo effect. I called ZVOX support and tech had me go through "sound" settings on my Cable TV remote "Menu". I had to select "optical sound" instead of "TV speakers" and echo went away.

ZVOX support people are friendly and helpful.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
We have ZVOX 155 connected to bedroom TV. I was able to program the ZVOX to work with the Cable TV remote following included instructions carefully. Optical cable must be disconnected from ZVOX, ZVOX turned OFF with it's remote, hold down "other settings " button until "lrn" on appears then press volume, mute and power buttons on cable/TV remote following display prompts exactly. Finally re-connect optical cable and you're done. Put ZVOX remote in a safe place for later use if needed.

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds good. Another option for those who use a Roku (either the stick or a Roku TV) -- their smartphone app gives you the ability to stream the audio to headphones or a hearing aid if you're able to pair them up with your smartphone.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Read instructions carefully, call ZVOX Support if needed. It is possible to program the ZVOX so that you can change volume with your cable TV remote. The tiny ZVOX remote can get misplaced. The idea behind ZVOX is that it has larger speakers than the ones in typical flat screen TV's and it has settings the make speech clearer for people who are hard of hearing (or for anybody).

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank YOU sir! Wouldn't have found it without your post 🙂 I can't control the treble/bass as you can, but the volume of voice track was why I picked the model 203. And, same master volume high to 30 but seems 14-17 is plenty loud enough. Going to take my RV unit and put in my home today and wait for the other one I ordered to come in to put back in RV. Certainly hope others may benefit from this topic and solve a very annoying hearing problem. Thanks again for your guidance!!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Posted earlier about my hearing issue and can't hear TV when a/c and generator are running. Assuming I'm not the only one out there with this issue. Well, just installed the ZVOX soundbar and I'm telling you this thing is AMAZING! Lost most of my hearing in one ear, so hearing and following conversations on TV/Movies is tough. Well, this system allows the user to raise the Voice Track only up to 6 different levels. And, the general volume is a separate item. Super easy setup and if you want it loud, this soundbar really booms out the 3D sound/theatre sound! It's at least 3 times louder than what my TV was doing. OMG....can't tell you how excited I am with the freedom of being able to solve this most annoying problem. If you do have similar issue, order the 6-level adjustment model ($199 on sale) because it really gives you control over the voice portion of the program you're watching. A big THANKS to pnichols for the link to this website and product!

It's great that a ZVOX product is working out for you!

We love our ZVOX 125 watt 770 sound base we have in our home with our big screen TV sitting right on top of it. It has 8 built-in speakers -> 3 mid range speakers, 1 left speaker, 1 right speaker and 3 woofers. It's so powerful that we set it's master volume at only around 15 or 16 out of a maximum setting of 30!

The remote control for our 770 seems to be different from what you have. Here's what's on our ZVOX remote control:

- Power On/Off
- Input selection of 6 regular inputs, plus 1 Blu Tooth input
- Accuvoice On/Off
- 3 similated surround sound configurations
- Output leveling On/Off
- 10 levels of base
- 8 levels of treble
- Mute On/Off
- 30 levels of volume

The base response only goes down to around 32 Hz, but with 3 woofers producing the lows the lows are so powerful that we have the base control set to it's lowest level.

We operate it with Accuvoice ON all the time so we can hear the voices, and Output Leveling ON all the time. Output Leveling makes all TV sound levels the same, such that commercials are the same volume as the program material (boy ... is this nice).
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
VA-Aprasr: Thanks for the information, I have looked at the web site mentioned and will try to learn a bit more. I have used the head phone for about a year now and it is so much better for me and over all volume of tv is lower. I am sure there are other problems worse but poor hearing is right at the top for me.
Thanks for the info!

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Weldon: Best way to say it is the voice track is louder thus easier to hear. The music/background noises are diminished. I know you can use a headset if needed, but for me, standard listening with everyone. It puts emphasis on the vocals in the program at a level you can customize. Trying tonight to use my standard TV in my home and already tempted to go out to the RV since the experience was so much rewarding .....two days and my in home unit will be hooked up. My fishing buddy just ordered one today as well.....his wife says he keeps the TV too loud just to hear the words.

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
When turned up does that mean all in the room hear the louder sound or do you have head phone? I have a hearing problem also

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Direct from ZVOX.com site and mine was the AccuVoice AV203 with 6-levels of voice control. Just ordered another one for the house.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Order it from where and which model, there are several.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.