cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vent seal

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
The rubber seal around the top of the vents in my TT have gotten hard and brittle after 20+ years and I'm wondering if they are replaceable or will I have to replace the entire vent assembly?

Just say no to the payload police :C
5 REPLIES 5

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
TravelinDog wrote:
enblethen wrote:
Heng's has seals for vent lids. 90121, 90045 and JRP2111B.
Amazon Heng's seals
Ventline also has replacements

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

And if it is 20 years old take a close look at the lid. Mine were brittle and one flew off at around the 10 year mark.

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Amazon Heng's seals

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.
Just say no to the payload police :C

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
You meant the roof vents that have the crank up lid, 14x14 inch opening?

They usually , now days, dont use rubber to seal them. If it is rubber you want, then there is a window butyl tape that might work. Any RV place should have this. $10 or so for a 10-15 foot roll.

Lap sealant is the most common, and easy to find at RV store, or in the SW probably at a hardware store even. clean the old stuff off, and put the Lap sealant down like caulk. The self-leveling will flow a little and level off and fill the crevices to some extent.

Eternabond tape will also work. It is a very sticky, almost like Silly Putty, tape that will stick and stick. Is removable with a heat gun, or just by pulling, but it will stick as intended for years. Get the 3 inch wide for a roof vent.

All the roof holes (vents, plumbing vents, antenna etc) will need to be looked at every 2-3 years. Maybe the current seal will last a long time, but typically after 2-3 years it starts to crack and let water leak in.
The same goes for the outside corners around the camper and all the wall holes like water heater, doors etc.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Amazon Heng's seals

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I can't see your picture but they are available. Search for trailer vent seal and the brand.

If you're not close to an RV dealer and need something quick. You can go to an auto parts store and get some small clear tubing or small black windshield wiper tubing. Make 1 split the down the side of the tubing and slip it over the edge the hatch opening. This will get you by until you can get a replacement seal.