cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fuel nozzle gets stuck

JOERVDREAM
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 2005 Winnebago sightseer 29R. Stopping for fuel in Oregon and the kid pumping gas had to fight to get the nozzle out and ended up smashing his thumb in the process. I put fuel in later that day in California and did the same thing. Third and last time I fueled up I struggled again to get the nozzle out. I made it without hurting myself that time. Im not even sure what I did to finally get the nozzle out. Im pretty sure Oregon and California have different types of nozzles so I don't know? Im worried that the next time I wont be able to remove it and have to call someone plus your holding up the line while you mess with it. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas would be great.
7 REPLIES 7

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Winnebago sightseer 29R has one he and I travel together. I have a Georgetown. He has had it brand new never got it stuck once but he was never on west coast. So being a bad design I don't buy that something else is going on here.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

JOERVDREAM
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah the none of the stations where truck stop type. The California nozzle is a shorter type than the Oregon nozzles are. When the kid in Oregon filled it I wasn't paying a lot of attention till he hurt his thumb so I don't know for sure how he had the nozzle in the fill pipe. When I used the pump in California the vapor return type wont work unless the spring loaded part that seals the pipe is pushed back. on top of that the fill pipe has the little flap that the nozzle has to go in the kind that was used in the 70s to prevent putting leaded fuel in an unleaded type car. So that's why I cant just hold it back and pump the gas because the nozzle wont reach in far enough. I guess I should invest in a good funnel?

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Sightseer is a gasser. I've had issues with a few Class A gassers with the rear cap fiberglass getting in the way of the gas fill and the nozzle getting stuck. It's just a matter of a bad design.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Don't put it all the way in.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Is your RV diesel or gas?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
sounds like your in the 18teen wheeler fuel station they have real big nozzles, and your rv has the smaller opening used at the car fuel station.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Find a gas station with few if any customers and practice different techniques.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad