cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WFCO Circuit Breakers

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I have a combination 30/20 amp breaker in my WFCO 8955 converter. I can't read what brand it is. It seams to be tripping quicker than it used to so I would like to replace it or carry a spare. Rather than removing it and taking it to the store to match it up, can anyone tell me what brand CB I need to buy?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand
11 REPLIES 11

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Good info ItsyRV! I'm good. Have one in hand. Thanks everyone for your help.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you bought a WFCO Power Center from a vendor who also sold you the breakers, they come without breakers. It's your RV manufacture who installed the breakers. That is why 4 RV's with the same PC could have different brands of breakers installed and why after electrical service, you could now have different brands in your PC.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
My WFCO says right on the label what breaker to use, take the front cover off.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had to replace a breaker in my 7300 Parallax in the 2003 5er. It was not the same size/shape as a typical stick house breaker of the same amps. I had to take it in to do a side by each comparison to get it right. I was lucky to find a store that had that kind, not all do.

If reluctant to take it out and lose all the 120v in the Rv while away-- if it is the fridge or whatever that is a plug-in, you can use an extension cord to the pedestal, and plug the fridge or whatever in directly till you get back.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
FYI. the 30 is the main and the 20 is the A/C
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I matched up some 120VAC Circuit Breakers in my WFCO Power Distribution Center from LOWES...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most likely Square D.. but to be sure pull the breaker (label the leads) and head off to your favorite Breaker Store
Home Depot
Lowes
Mennards
Joe's hardware
ACE
ACO
Sam's electrical supply
(SOme of the names above are generic)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. Guess I'm off to electrical supply house.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Thermal breakers do 'wear out', especially when tripped numerous times. The 'thermal' part gets weaker and trips more easily.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to confirm it's the breaker or wiring.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
They're fairly standard residential circuit breakers. According to the 8900 series manual from WFCO, the following brands and types are acceptable for main breakers:

Cutler Hammer: BR and C
Thomas Betts: TB or TBBD
ITE/Simens: QP or QT
Square ๐Ÿ˜ง HOM or HOMT
Murray: MP-T or MH-T
General Electric: THQL

In addition, for non-main breakers, Cutler Hammer BRD, BD, and A types are approved.

You may find you need to order a 30/20 combination breaker as that is not a commonly used combo breaker anywhere other than in RVs. An actual electrical supply house would be more likely to carry it than a home improvement store. If you have an empty space, or a single breaker for some other branch, it may be worthwhile to rejigger things so the main breaker is a non-duplex breaker.