Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best wax for lazy people?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Best wax for lazy people?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/19 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mgirardo wrote:

I recently started using Turtle Wax Ice Shine and Seal after watching this video comparison. All I do is wash the RV, then dry it off. Then I spray it on a few feet at a time and wipe it off. The only thing lazier (when it comes to waxing) is letting someone else do it.

I've used this on cars and it really brings out the shine. Our TT is aluminum sided and it didn't come as shiny as the cars did, but water beaded up and repelled off very quickly. Our TT is only a few years old and still looks new. I could feel the difference between waxed sections and unwaxed sections more than see it, so I was happy.

I have used Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax ever since we bought the TT and it keeps the TT looking very nice. The Turtle Wax Ice Shine and Seal provides 3 months of UV Protection.

-Michael

-Michael

Well, I watched the video, and found the Turtle Wax Ice spray on stuff at the local Wal-Mart. We just got back from a 3000 mile trip in my wifes car, the guinea pig. I just washed it and the bugs really did just spray off at the local car wash, and the beading is still excellent.

I think I found the wax for me.

As a side note, I have already done the nose of the 5er with Rejex, and for not being a wax, it sure felt like a wax going on, and rubbing off. The Turtle Wax Ice was very easy in comparison. Time will tell which lasts better.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/19 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle Wax Ice in the liquid bottle form. Can be applied on anything (gelcoat, plastic, glass, rubber moldings...everything). Can be applied in sunlight. Has great UV performance (my own personal .02). This is the ONLY stuff that I found worked on my boats in regard to not being immediately stripped off by hard water.

The only downside (if you consider it that) is if you want the ultimate in shine you'll need to go back behind & hit it with another clean mircofiber towel after you wipe the applied stuff off with another rag.

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ But the haze if any comes off after a rain or awash.
Agree on spray wax. Best middle ground for performance and ease.
Griots spray wax lasts a while too like Turtle Ice. Others not so much imo.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Best wax for lazy people?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.