cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T just came out with a deal on cells that work in mexico

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
AT&T has just come out with a limited offer for its US-Canada-Mexico cell plans with 8 gig of data. $300 US if you prepay for one year. That is $25 a month. It is the same plan I am on at $50 a month ($40 actually as I prepay). I am assuming its a one shot deal. https://www.att.com/buy/wireless/prepaid/plans

I am trying to take advantage of this, but I think I have to get a new number which I don't want to do.
9 REPLIES 9

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
My Verizon plan lets me use all my data 18g and unlimited calls and txt to from Mexico Canada U.S. I have had the plan for years.

Works great in Mexico off of local phone companies. Telcell and Moviestar. I think it added a $10.00 cost to my plan monthly.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

Talleyho69
I read all the fine print on the plan, and no where was that mentioned.

I know it used to be an issue years ago, but obviously isn't now.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
bob-kir wrote:
A few weeks ago I was shopping for a phone plan that would work in Mexico and AT&T’s plan required that more than 50% of the months calls must originate in the U.S. or they will terminate the service. Since we will be in Mexico for 4 months and 100% of our calls would be from there the manager of the AT&T store we were at said their plans wouldn’t work for us. Is this a new plan without the requirement that 50% of the monthly calls originate from the U.S.?

I have been using it for a year and hardly any of my calls originate in the US.

Talleyho69
Don't forget TelCel.

Buy one of their SIM cards for 26p, and the Amigo plan 100 is 100p for 15 days of unlimited US, Canada and Mexico. They have longer plans for longer stays. Seems like that is SO much cheaper!

travisc
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart has the same plan with 17gb of additional promo data if you buy the att phone there and activate, it’s $40 with auto pay works well for our occasional trips to Canada and Mexico
Winnebago Access 24V

bob-kir
Explorer
Explorer
A few weeks ago I was shopping for a phone plan that would work in Mexico and AT&T’s plan required that more than 50% of the months calls must originate in the U.S. or they will terminate the service. Since we will be in Mexico for 4 months and 100% of our calls would be from there the manager of the AT&T store we were at said their plans wouldn’t work for us. Is this a new plan without the requirement that 50% of the monthly calls originate from the U.S.?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
That is a good deal for light usage.

I've been on AT&T Everything Plus for six months now, after more than a decade with Verizon. Been very happy with them.

Unlimited talk, text and data in US, CA and MX
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
They should make their cell service work in the US first before they say it will work everywhere.

Talleyho69
Looks like a good deal if you have a need to call all three countries.

I just checked with their on line chat, you have to have both a US address and a US credit card. So, for those that live in Mexico full time, it wouldn't be an option.