Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Down to Road trek?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
chast

Marlton, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/19 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our experience with Roadtrek was that we found them to be “quirky”. As an experienced RVer, we found the septic hookups, the utilities layout, the fresh water system, the charging system and the shower all to be Roadtrek peculiar. Most other B manufacturers conform to standard RV layouts as far as hookups are concerned. We have found Pleasureway our favorite of all the B vans out there.

[email protected]

PSW

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 05:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quirky? I never thought of those systems as quirky but I smiled when I read chast's post because..........they are a little quirky. But, they have worked well for us for over twenty years and we have found the systems to be reliable. I still pause when I try to remember which way those valves go to switch between the water tanks so I just always leave them combined and use both tanks. I suspect most owners do the same.

I have owned both a MG and a Austin Healey in my past and now THAT is quirky so I probably measure most things compared to "positive earth"!

PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi PSW,

No doubt you have had encounters with Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

PSW wrote:

I have owned both a MG and a Austin Healey in my past and now THAT is quirky so I probably measure most things compared to "positive earth"!

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/19 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Granted, we are driving a Transit Cargo van that I converted to our needs; but I can add that having a "small and nimble" vehicle can be good. Today, coming home from a 10-day drive through the SW USA (where we could go anywhere, park anywhere, etc) on I-80, a car in the left lane suddenly veered into our lane. There were concrete barriers to our right - no shoulder. Hubby hit the brakes and swerved as close as possible to the barrier and the car missed us by a hairs-breadth. Had we still been in our Class C or with our 5er, there WOULD have been an accident.

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't believe you mentioned the length of time you spent on the road per trip. We have been comfortable in our "quirky" (aka innovative) Roadtrek for everything from multiple-week trips to daily trips. We go much more now because it takes no time to get ready. Fire up the fridge, figure out the cloths and go. Just got back from a music festival. It works great for taking a break, meals, bathroom stops, etc. As I stated earlier, it works well for us, but make sure you have a bed that fits you.

2001 RoadTrek 190

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.