cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Backup Cameras

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am looking to replace the Voyager backup camera on the rear of my 5th-wheel trailer. I don't like the current one because it makes vehicles behind me appear to be much further away than they are. By the time they are barely visible in the monitor, they are usually too close to change lanes. When stopped at an intersection, a vehicle a few feet behind me appears to be about 25-30 feet back. Is this a function of all wide-angle lenses used in backup cameras, or do you know of a system that realistically displays trailing vehicle distances?

Also, looking at some wireless systems, they are described as having a range of 42-feet. The distance between a camera and a monitor on my rig is about 46-feet. How well is a wireless system like this going to work? Do you know of any systems with greater ranges?
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
1 REPLY 1

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Furrion Observation System. Click here and watch this video. I think it will answer ALL your questions.

Don't know about any other product. I have the Furrion Observation (only 1 camera), and it's great! It's got a bit of convex appearance, but with the grid lines, and once I had a good feel for the distance I was seeing in the camera, it's been great!

And yes, I asked for advise on these forums before I purchased mine. Folks were extremely helpful in my decision.