cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert 6 point hydraulic landing gear.

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
When we use the auto level feature on our 5er everything seems to work as designed, however when the leveling is complete the trailer is not quite level. It is just off a little bit when checked with an actual 4' level. Is there a way to adjust the auto level operation? Can most anyone do this type of adjustment or should I just take it to the dealer? I usually do my own maintenance, but I'm unfamiliar with this system.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream
9 REPLIES 9

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you want it actually LEVEL place a laser level at one end shooting beam under RV. Adjust RV so the four corners of the frame are parallel to the laser beam. Now reset level.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Read the manual and manually level the rig using a 4 foot long carpenters level. Then reset the level point.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
All you have to do is set zero point, what Lippert calls level. It's a simple process, just read the instruction. I have had mine 2.5 years and the only issue is it has forgot zero for some reason.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We had to adjust ours. Took about 10 minutes total using the app and a 4' level. I've checked it while on this 7 stop trip and bubble good.

A side note, at the first stop, Charleston SC, the right side jacks would not extend. Got an error code on the app called lippert who seemed as puzzled as me. 2 days later, I was in the front hatch and just happened to see a wire hanging down from one of the valves. Hooked up the wire and cleared the code, back in business.

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
This is just what I needed. Thanks everyone.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one more for you Klr650goldWing: Link to the Lippert manual that covers EVERYTHING Lippet has. It's a PDF, so down-load on your computer and save it. It's absolutely great help, having everything in one document.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Some of these auto levelers have the level way off. I was auto leveling a bumper pull at one of our shows and the trailer was tilted up and the wheels were off the ground like it was taking off. I don't auto level unknown trailers any more, lol.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
From the manual:

Zero Point Calibration The โ€œZero Pointโ€ is the programmed point that the unit will return to each time the Auto Level feature is used. The โ€œZero Pointโ€ must be programmed prior to using the Auto Level feature to ensure the proper operation of the system. NOTE: Prior to starting this procedure, double check all connections on the controller, jacks, and touch pad.

1. Manually run the jacks to level the unit. This is best achieved by placing a level in the center of the unit and leveling it both front to back and then side to side. (See โ€œBasic Jack Operationโ€ for instructions on how to manually operate the system).

2. Once the unit is level, turn off the touch pad.

3. With the touch pad off, press and release the โ€œFRONTโ€ button (Fig. 1G) ten (10) times and then press and release the โ€œREARโ€ button (Fig. 1J) ten (10) times.

4. The touch pad will flash and beep and the display will read โ€œZERO POINT CALIBRATION ENTER to set, Power to Exitโ€ (Fig. 5).

5. To set the current position as the zero point, press the โ€œENTERโ€ button (Fig. 1C).

6. LCD display will read โ€œZero Point stability checkโ€ (Fig. 6).

7. LCD display will read โ€œZero point set successfullyโ€ once process is complete (Fig. 7).

8. The system will set this point as its level state and the touch pad will turn off.

Edit:
Here's a link to some helpful YouTube videos. After working with my Lippert 6 point level system, I still can't do it right. I have check the manual and these videos all the time! Duh! Click here.

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes your level point can be adjusted very easily.

Look in your lippert manual. Sorry I don't have mine handy.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition