cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FIBERGLASS campers ??

trx680
Explorer
Explorer
Who here has a fiberglass camper and what is your take on it?
why did you buy it over a regular camper?
What do you like and dislike about it?
14 REPLIES 14

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
JG wrote:
WOW THAT IS COOL!

Shot from inside of the rear

JG
Explorer
Explorer
WOW THAT IS COOL!
2019 Casita Liberty
2015 Chevy Truck
Wonderful wife since 1969

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
We have a small company in Australia that builds fibreglass fifth wheelers it's models go from 23 ft to 29 ft
This is a 23 foot model that I saw two days ago at a Sydney caravan show

JG
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
JG wrote:
When we looked at RV's we looked a class A, B & C & Trailers. We were worried about spending money & having poor quality & problems. So we accidentally found Fiberglass Trailers. They are ordered directly from the factory. The build quality is very good & they hold there value. Canada has several Fiberglass & regular Trailers that you can order from the factory. Taylor Coach for example. We ended up for us it is just 2 retired people and a dog the Casita Fiberglass Trailer. It tows very easy. Weight is 2800 pounds. Look at Oliver, Scamp, Big Foot ( They have a fiberglass 5th wheel. ) and others. Good luck

when I was looking, I went to the Casita factory in TX and rather liked their bathroom layout compared to the scamp. to get a full height coat closet you needed to get the roof AC unit, not the lower one that was located at the bottom of the closet area. had a small table on the side with two swivel chairs and you could leave the dinette made up as a bed full time if desired.
bumpy

We love ours. We park our in our back yard because of our HOA. I put on a front trailer hitch. Works great. What did you end up getting? We did not look at the Scamp because of the driving distance for us. I think they all are nice now days.
2019 Casita Liberty
2015 Chevy Truck

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
Wet bath is a no-go for me.....even more so for the wife! MY HTT is fiberglass sided and MUCH easier to keep clean, wax, etc.
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
JG wrote:
When we looked at RV's we looked a class A, B & C & Trailers. We were worried about spending money & having poor quality & problems. So we accidentally found Fiberglass Trailers. They are ordered directly from the factory. The build quality is very good & they hold there value. Canada has several Fiberglass & regular Trailers that you can order from the factory. Taylor Coach for example. We ended up for us it is just 2 retired people and a dog the Casita Fiberglass Trailer. It tows very easy. Weight is 2800 pounds. Look at Oliver, Scamp, Big Foot ( They have a fiberglass 5th wheel. ) and others. Good luck

when I was looking, I went to the Casita factory in TX and rather liked their bathroom layout compared to the scamp. to get a full height coat closet you needed to get the roof AC unit, not the lower one that was located at the bottom of the closet area. had a small table on the side with two swivel chairs and you could leave the dinette made up as a bed full time if desired.
bumpy

JG
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Casita Liberty
2015 Chevy Truck

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dutchman type camper with "fiberglass" sides. Most are built with a skin (and I mean thin) layer of fiberglass glued and pressed on to a luan type backer (which is wood). If moisture (humidity or water) gets to the wood the fiberglass pops off in what they call delamination. If you get delamination you have lost thousands in value of your RV.
A few use ANSDEL backer for the fiberglass, which is water resistant.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I didnโ€™t consider a Scamp because they donโ€™t have slides.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
What you are referring to is typically referred to as an egg or shell camper.

We looked hard at these but no slide and too small for two adults and a 70 lb. Dog.

Generally lighter in weight with fewer seams they get good reviews from their owners. But they were too small and tight for us.

We own an old school stick and tin (aluminum) 2010 model with over 40,000 miles on it.

Basically you buy the floor plan you want. It is your biggest concern.

Good luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

trx680
Explorer
Explorer

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
is your question the difference between fiberglass and aluminum?
bumpy

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We have had to "regular campers" and they were both fiberglass. We got them because every TT that we looked at was made that way. I don't know if I get the question but the last one had two slideouts and a rear living room, they were the main reason we got it.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
#1 less places for water to leak in, #2 less air intrusion.