cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2020 SE TC Gathering - planning stage

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Starting to think about a fourth semi-annual Southeast Truck Camper Gathering. Sometime in the spring. No idea where in the southeast yet.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads
41 REPLIES 41

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
I would have picked up the ball on this one for my sister but have a major life changing event happening this year so we wanted to my schedule free, as that is what the life changing event is all about - being free.

I'm hoping to do an event in the fall when things cool off, but it will be more or a short notice meet-n-greet type event. Something like campground X in two weeks. May even just be a grassy field or group site without any hookups.

So before the year is done with, there should be at least one event.

Thanks for all of the patience.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
MIL has improved some but still in skilled nursing facility and likely to stay there. Between that and all the rain we've been getting I haven't been able to get out to Crossville yet. Time is getting short so I'm going to change plans and wait until fall to do a gathering. There are a lot of spring TC rallies in this area but I haven't seen any scheduled for the fall yet. The Corps campgrounds around Nashville are good. They tend to fill up fast though. If one of y'all want to set up a gathering this spring go right ahead. Pick a time and place and the TCers will show up! Including me if I can make it.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

stumper92
Explorer
Explorer
Devildog below is a link to their website. I don't know a ton about the Nashville area but I am sure at least one of these sites could work.

https://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/Camping/

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
have you checked out any corps engineers campsites I saw three not far from Nashville, they are clean and nice
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

stumper92
Explorer
Explorer
GoinThisAway wrote:
Sorry for the delay folks but MIL had a stroke so we've been dealing with that the last few months. I've never been to Grayson Highlands but it's on my bucket list ... even if just to see the wild ponies. Trying to stay closer to home this time though due to MIL's health. Even then I can't say for sure we'll be able to attend so it might be a "self-service" gathering. I've talked to the folks at Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville and so far so good. Should be able to make an announcement after the holidays.

I fully understand how difficult and time consuming it can be looking after elderly family members with health issues. Maybe this could be an event someone else could take the ball and run with this year? I would be willing to help in any way I can. It would be great to get together with other TC'er folks from the Southeast.

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Hope your familys health improves, that is most important. maybe some place close to Nashville. Or is that to far from where you all live. Family is for ever. I heard there was a army corp of engineers near Nashville
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the delay folks but MIL had a stroke so we've been dealing with that the last few months. I've never been to Grayson Highlands but it's on my bucket list ... even if just to see the wild ponies. Trying to stay closer to home this time though due to MIL's health. Even then I can't say for sure we'll be able to attend so it might be a "self-service" gathering. I've talked to the folks at Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville and so far so good. Should be able to make an announcement after the holidays.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grayson Highlands is a cool place.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

stumper92
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/grayson-highlands

A little further east, but Grayson Highlands is a beautiful campground with a lot of things to see and do near by. Depending on dates for the event I would be interested in attending.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I guess that means the campgrounds at Nashville/Opryland are out then at $100 a night :B Big Meadows campground looks nice but might be a bit small. Same for the loop at Cloudland Canyon with the pavilion. Not that I expect 20+ rigs to attend but need to allow for outsiders to take up some sites. I should be able to get by Spring Lake sometime in the next few weeks and find out if its a go or if I need to look elsewhere.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
sljohnson1938 wrote:
just looked at rates for Big Meadows family CG. unless I looked at the wrong place $67 per nite is not acceptable for us.

My point in my previous post was that they only publish the deluxe river front site prices and the deluxe sites which are exorbitant at $67. The rest of the park has cheaper site prices but their web site doesn't mention them .... that's what I found peculiar.

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
just looked at rates for Big Meadows family CG. unless I looked at the wrong place $67 per nite is not acceptable for us.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
jmckelvy wrote:
Travels with Yoly wrote:
I just looked at Spring Lake Resort's web site and find it quite impressive. Probably better than my recommendations ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope we can make it.

I agree! Just checked out rates at Big Meadows. Holy Smoke.....I have never paid that much for a campsite.

Unusual that they only publish the most expensive site rates ? The last time we were there we paid $40 for the riverfront site (maybe 4 years ago). I found the rates at Spring Lake Resort to be way more in line with my thinking also.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Travels with Yoly wrote:
I just looked at Spring Lake Resort's web site and find it quite impressive. Probably better than my recommendations ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope we can make it.

I agree! Just checked out rates at Big Meadows. Holy Smoke.....I have never paid that much for a campsite.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet