cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Taking Dog Food from Canada to USA

Dream_Chaser_
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any restrictions or rules to follow when taking dog food across the border?
7 REPLIES 7

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
dfm, is right.

To go to the USA it has to have been made in the USA and as said before, it has to be in the original bags.

'Tis why I fed mine Purina. 'Cause you can get it in both countries and vets agree that it is good nutrition.

๐Ÿ™‚
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Never been questioned about it in many crossings.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you keep the food in original package or at least keep the original bag.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
winniman wrote:
Yes there is. If I remember correctly, you cant have any lamb or goat. A google search will show you.

We got asked about that once, couldn't believe it. Never been questioned about it since.

dfm
Explorer
Explorer
a majority of the dry dog foods sold in a bag in Canada are sourced or manufactured in the U.S.A. I always keep the bag in my R.V. so I can show it to U.S Border agents if they ask about it.
2015 Open Range 340 FLR
2012 Ram3500 Laramie Longhorn/Cummins
1 DW 1 Furperson

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Canada has a great website regarding what they do and don't allow.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there is. If I remember correctly, you cant have any lamb or goat. A google search will show you.