cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this delamination? Something else?

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking for a solid trailer to put in my backyard for a family member who is handicapped and wants her own place. Our rents here are sky high and she's on disability so renting a studio apartment is hopeless.

I found this trailer on Craigslist, but just noticed one photo showing what looks to me like delamination..not sure. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, but if water damage, I won't waste my time. Thoughts on this?

sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/d/sacramento-north-trail-26ft/6975307593.html

Look at photo on bottom row, right side, third to the left.
15 REPLIES 15

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
jimx200 wrote:
Thanks to all you posters. I've decided to keep looking as there are plenty of trailers out there that exhibit no damage. Much appreciated

Very, very good decision. Good luck in your search.
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

Tom_Cooper
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, there it is clearly visible that this is a delamination. Do not waste your time. For a goal like yours you need to find the best option! Good luck

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all you posters. I've decided to keep looking as there are plenty of trailers out there that exhibit no damage. Much appreciated

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the filon came loose from the cross supports. May be from water intrusion, might not.
Take a moisture meter and test all over the front. If wet, then leave it. If not, you can either fix it or leave it be.
Seems like a high price for an 8 year old trailer with a wrinkled front cap.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I have a lot less delamination and a dealer said he too off $4000! So ask for at least that much off or run.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Looks awful, and probably is! Don't waste your time even going to look at it. Run Forest! Run! (and don't look back), you'll be sorry if you do.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like the support under it is broken.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a run-in with a tree with an even worst attempt at trying to mellow it out.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Under no circumstances should she buy that or even take it for free.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Run Away. Yes, it's delamination.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
I would keep looking. Definitely delamination, likely water got in the seam.
2010 Suncruiser

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Pass on this one.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
If the front is the only place, it is one of the easier delams to fix. ( some would say that this particular damage is not classic delamination) If you buy it cheap enough, it could be a good deal. Use this as a bargaining point... And get some quotes using the pics on fixing it before plunking down the cash
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve heard those front walls are floating. It’s very common for the fiberglass to breakaway from the backing. It may just be an age thing. What does the wall and floor inside look like?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!