Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back lights wire

BluegrassBill
Explorer
Explorer
Friends,
Adding a back-up camera and trying to find the under dash wire to hook-up to. I have tested every darn wire I can find but no luck so far. Any one know the color and location ? 95 Chev P30 Chassis.
Thanks Bill
Bill & Kathy Francis
95 Itasca Sunrise 29RQ,P32 454 Chevy, Banks,ECM chip.Safe-T-Plus, Bilsteins, Super Steer Bell Crank, Stewart Stage 1 Waterpump, Severe Duty Fan Clutch, OilGuard Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter. Rear Tracbar. 1-5/8" Front Swaybar.
11 REPLIES 11

BluegrassBill
Explorer
Explorer
I decided the easiest thing for me was to put in an on/off switch to activate the camera, works perfect. Thanks for all the ideas, you guy's are great.
Bill
Bill & Kathy Francis
95 Itasca Sunrise 29RQ,P32 454 Chevy, Banks,ECM chip.Safe-T-Plus, Bilsteins, Super Steer Bell Crank, Stewart Stage 1 Waterpump, Severe Duty Fan Clutch, OilGuard Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter. Rear Tracbar. 1-5/8" Front Swaybar.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
BluegrassBill wrote:
I'm Laid up with sciatica right now, will get back to it asap.
Bill

Just the time you want to be crawling around under a dash...
-- Chris Bryant

BluegrassBill
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. The transmission sounds like a good bet, I will check out the Winnebago diagrams. Thanks again. I'm Laid up with sciatica right now, will get back to it asap.
Bill
Bill & Kathy Francis

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
the switch is on the steering column lower will have 4 wires one two for start two for back up light take a 12 volt test light and turn ign. on one wire will be hot put emergency brake on put in reverse should have power coming out of another wire that's the one you want

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Or make it easy and pick up a wireless camera and any 12v hot and ground to the frame.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There may not be a back up wire under the dash... BACKUP light switches are in one of two locations on most vehicles.. I will give examples.

GM normally puts it on the steering column, but what if you have a stick shift with a "4 on the floor"? Ford put that one on the side of the transmission.

Now there was (on my AMC with Ford Transmission) a wire under the dash in a bundle on the far left but it was buried.. all the wires to the rear were in that bundle. .. and there was a connector. Right where teh salt water spray hit it in the winter.. (Very bad design).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
My backup camera uses a marker light as the power to the camera.
Bill and Joey the dog

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Is there a fuse for the backup lights? My guess is it would be labeled "Back". If you can find this fuse you can use a fuse tap to come off it to power your camera.
Fuse tap

A fuse tap is easy to use.
  • Remove the existing fuse
  • plug in the fuse tap
  • Plug the existing fuse into the fuse tap
  • Check the backup lights still function
  • If no lights remove the backup fuse and plug it into the second hole on the fuse tap and check again
  • once you have backup lights working again then use the second fuse slot to power your camera
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Since you have a Winnebago manufactured RV, just go to their website and download the diagrams you need and use that. Winnebago does not keep their information secret, they specifically put it out there for all owners to do whatever research they need on their own.

To get you started, here is the electrical section for all electrical systems. Pick the one you want (chassis, coach, entertainment system, etc) and follow the diagrams.
1995 Winnebago Brave / Itasca Sunrise F29RQ Wiring Diagram Book
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
1995s had this under dash wire?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Why not just pick up 12 volts from the ignition switch or just run a fused hot wire from the battery? might be easier.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows