Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Horrid experience Denton tx
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Horrid experience Denton tx

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Thunder Mountain

Lost in the Four Corners

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/19 08:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dstalls wrote:

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello Dstalls,

We apologize for the experience you have had at the Denton Camping World location. We have forwarded your experience to the leadership team for review and follow up.

Thank you,
Good Sam Care Team

I posted my experience last night on social media in some RV forums and it almost went viral. Apparently this is commonplace at camping world. I heard many similar stories. One thread reached over 400 replies within an hour and finally had to be shut down. You guys have a serious pr issue and obvious business ethics issues. I was hard pressed to find ONE positive review for any camping world.

Not to bash you, but you should have done your research on CW before doing business with them.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2013 Keystone Outback 250RS
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
2 Arctic Cats
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

see this all the time ,even on there web site , just wonder how they stay in business.

Perhaps things are not going as well as planned. It's problematic to refocus an operation on something you don't do a good job at in the first place.

LINK

stallsmi

Northern Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/19 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regarding the latest class action lawsuit (Ronge v. Camping World Holdings, Inc.), RV Advisor Founder and CEO Gigi Stetler said “Marcus Lemonis has a long history of highly questionable business practices, and this latest class action is one of many similar lawsuits that have been filed against him and his companies in recent years." Hang in there and hope you get results!

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The service department in Denton is far from being good also.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stallsmi wrote:

Regarding the latest class action lawsuit (Ronge v. Camping World Holdings, Inc.), RV Advisor Founder and CEO Gigi Stetler said “Marcus Lemonis has a long history of highly questionable business practices, and this latest class action is one of many similar lawsuits that have been filed against him and his companies in recent years." Hang in there and hope you get results!
Someone said that the person and company they are suing is bad. Who would have thunk it?

You can't point out a major company that hasn't had lawsuits filed against them. It isn't a red flag warning that the company is somehow terrible. It is really just something all businesses face. Sad, but True.

* This post was edited 09/11/19 09:25am by westernrvparkowner *

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 09:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

see this all the time ,even on there web site , just wonder how they stay in business.
They stay in business because they have 10s of thousands of satisfied customers. There isn't a business on the planet that doesn't have dis-satisfied customers. You can go to Yelp and see many of them. To bring it closer to RV home, go to campgroundreviews.com and you will notice that even the most highly rated parks will have a bad review or two. The only difference between Camping World/Good Sam and the others is they for some reason allow these bad experience posts to run on a forum they control. In all honesty, if I were the CEO of Good Sam Enterprises I think I would have the forum administrator just zap them all the minute they were posted. Marcus Lemonis is either a bigger man or a bigger fool than me.

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 09:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

midnightsadie wrote:

They stay in business because they have 10s of thousands of satisfied customers. There isn't a business on the planet that doesn't have dis-satisfied customers. You can go to Yelp and see many of them. To bring it closer to RV home, go to campgroundreviews.com and you will notice that even the most highly rated parks will have a bad review or two. The only difference between Camping World/Good Sam and the others is they for some reason allow these bad experience posts to run on a forum they control. In all honesty, if I were the CEO of Good Sam Enterprises I think I would have the forum administrator just zap them all the minute they were posted. Marcus Lemonis is either a bigger man or a bigger fool than me.

The way I see it, this case is slightly different than looking at it from an "any business" perspective.

You can go to any and every RV related forum on the WWW and type Camping World into its search engine, and the negatives are going to outpace the postives by 20 to 1 or more, including at this RV forum sponsored by the business being discussed. That is saying something and it can not be a fluke. I can think of no retail business anywhere that gets as much flack from the customer base, except maybe Comcast.

Also, if you just zapped all negative posts you most likely would not have a forum, or you might have a forum but few members. Nowhere in the requirements for membership here is being a member of the Marcus Lemonis fan club mentioned as a requirement.

Ozlander

Rose Hill, Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

In all honesty, if I were the CEO of Good Sam Enterprises I think I would have the forum administrator just zap them all the minute they were posted. Marcus Lemonis is either a bigger man or a bigger fool than me.

It would take 4 people to keep up with the bad reviews.

If you are a fan of his business practices, you must do some of them also.

Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your complaining about CW is just like me complaining about our Goverment. No one cares or pays attention to the complaints. [emoticon]

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

The way I see it, this case is slightly different than looking at it from an "any business" perspective.

From what the OP described, this is more than slightly different.
It sounds like a scam or fraud.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Horrid experience Denton tx
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS