Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Quit RVing
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Quit RVing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
egh33

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/19 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well folks it sure has been great reading the posts on here plus staying at the RV parks and chatting with some really nice people.
But I turn 86 next month and the ole eyesight is fading, I'm just not a quick with my actions driving any more. Plus it's getting very hard getting up the steps into the MH.
We just thought it's time to get rid of the MH and quit traveling. We gave our son the MH and the MH carport is very empty.
I really miss jumping in it and heading out to just where ever we wanted too go.
Y'all drive carefully and keep safe and remember it's not where you are going, it's enjoying the trip getting there.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best of luck to you. Hope you continue to get out and enjoy life!
By the way, you can still stick around this place and share your knowledge and experience. It would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Scott

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/19 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy birthday. I know it was a tough decision that all of us will be faced with. I recently sold my plane due to my wife has a health issue that will progress so I kinda know what you went thru with the decision.

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/19 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to you. I can only hope to have the longevity you have had!

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of Steak and Cheese.

Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/19 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy trails. My end is coming too.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

kknowlton

southeast Idaho, formerly IL/WI border

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/11/19 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear that time has come, but glad it took so long for you to get there! Good luck to you - may you find another way to make your days happily adventurous!

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 10:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations for knowing when to "pass the torch". I hope I have the same wisdom when my time comes.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm 15 years your junior, a disabled veteran and I'm having problems hoking up the towed and so forth. If we could sell our MH I think we might give it up. But still upside down on it, so we push ourselves to get use of it. Still enjoy what it is all about though.

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/19 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run ...

Sad to hear, but you are wise in your decision. You know your limitations. That has been my anchor point on these forums for years encouraging folks to fully understand and know the limits of their RV's and their related equipment. The most important piece of equipment, is...after all ... us!

Hope your son enjoys the MH as much as you did. Hope you continue to share your experiences on these forums and try to teach these "young-uns" how it's REALLY done!

Good luck!

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/19 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best of luck! Please don't leave the forum, though. Your wealth of experience is very helpful.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Quit RVing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS