cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh water drain

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
So I’ve been going thru my new 5th wheel since taking delivery 2 weeks ago, and today I noticed some things about the tanks and valves that stumped me.

Unlike my previous 2 travel trailers, this Jayco Eagle doesn’t appear to have a simple fresh water drain. What I mean is that on my travel trailers, there was a simple screw cap valve on the underbelly that I’d twist off to train the fresh tank. With this unit, I have no idea how to train the tank. Is there a pull valve or something?

We’re taking our first trip this weekend, so I’ll finally have the chance to get familiar with everything, but the tanks are totally different than what I’m used to. There’s a fresh water, 2 gray tanks, a black tank, and macerator. That’s all fine and dandy, but how do I drain the fresh tank!!
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L
12 REPLIES 12

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, I found it. They put it in the strangest place. Just next to the entry steps. Smallest little drain spigot.
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobbyg123, that white drain pipe I referred to was above the tandem axles and like you said was not marked. Had to reach up over either axle to get to it.

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is 1/2 inch pex pipe with valve hanging down under trailer. Takes forever to drain

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
bobbyg123, many new RVs have a white drain valve for the fresh water tank. It is 1" or 1 1/4" with a pull rod just like the gray and black tanks. I found this situation on a new Artic Fox a friend had purchased. Looked everywhere underneath for the "old style" drain, saw this deal, pulled it, and I immediately had a bath! Didn't take long to drain.

That has to be what's going on here. There's an unmarked white drain of some sort in the middle of the underbelly that I hope is the fresh water drain.

I wish they would have marked it. Sheesh. It's pretty unnerving to pull dump handles for the first time when they aren't marked. I hope for everyone's sake that it's the black tank. :E
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobbyg123, many new RVs have a white drain valve for the fresh water tank. It is 1" or 1 1/4" with a pull rod just like the gray and black tanks. I found this situation on a new Artic Fox a friend had purchased. Looked everywhere underneath for the "old style" drain, saw this deal, pulled it, and I immediately had a bath! Didn't take long to drain.

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
I need to go through the manual extensively this weekend. This camper has a very confusing valve and lever configuration. It has a gray tank pull lever, a black tank lever, a 2nd gray tank lever in the rear of the camper for the 2nd gray tank for the outside kitchen.

Then there's an unmarked pull lever that I "assume" is for the freshwater tank, but I'm not certain of that. And to top it all off, there are a couple of valves used to bypass the macerator pump.

Who knew the step up to a 5th wheel would be this complicated?
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
bobbyg123 wrote:
So I’ve been going thru my new 5th wheel since taking delivery 2 weeks ago, and today I noticed some things about the tanks and valves that stumped me.

Unlike my previous 2 travel trailers, this Jayco Eagle doesn’t appear to have a simple fresh water drain. What I mean is that on my travel trailers, there was a simple screw cap valve on the underbelly that I’d twist off to train the fresh tank. With this unit, I have no idea how to train the tank. Is there a pull valve or something?

We’re taking our first trip this weekend, so I’ll finally have the chance to get familiar with everything, but the tanks are totally different than what I’m used to. There’s a fresh water, 2 gray tanks, a black tank, and macerator. That’s all fine and dandy, but how do I drain the fresh tank!!

Did you look under the trailer? Mine has a valve on it outside under the trailer.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
bobbyg123 wrote:
Do I need to pull the low point valves? If I blow air through the lines, doesn't that mitigate the need for pulling the low point valves.

No it doesn't. The low point drains are generally a down tube that would still be holding water after you blow out the lines. When that water freezes it can break things. You would find this out in the spring when water is running out as fast as your pump can pump it.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
I've never drained the low point drains.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

bobbyg123
Explorer
Explorer
Do I need to pull the low point valves? If I blow air through the lines, doesn't that mitigate the need for pulling the low point valves.
2017 Ford F-350 CC 6.2L

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
My 2019 has a on-off valve to drain the fresh water tank on the exterior just under the edge of camper. My low point drain valves are behind a panel in basement compartment.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to Jayco Manual
3.Open the “fresh tank drain” valve. All fresh water tanks can be drained by one of two types of drain valves. A white plastic drain is attached to the exterior wall or a valve located inside the RV adjacent to the water tank (turn 45° to open or close).
4.Open the “low point drains” by turning, then pulling the handles up. They are installed at the lowest point of the water lines. A label is placed on the outside of the RV to indicate where the drains are located.
The drains will need to be operated from inside the RV.
Once the label is found on the exterior sidewall, the drains will be found at a corresponding location in the interior

Scavenger hunt!
Good luck.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31