cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2020 GMC HD in the Wild

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Driving to work this morning I saw a new GMC and noticed the fenders reflectors are actually lights. Also the led headlights looked really good.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
25 REPLIES 25

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
I dig the brawny look of the new Sierra except the fender lights.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
gmckenzie wrote:
Not a fan of the fender lights, but have not seen one in real life yet.

I saw one in person a few weeks ago. The lights are kind of "out of place" looking.

2020 Sierra HD

But the Sierra looks far batter than this ugly mess
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
ksss wrote:
Spent the day at the local Chevy dealer repairing the parking lot, stared at the new HD's all day. I decided that I like the looks of them.

Since April when they started showing up in the parking deck, I have said that they look much better in person, and the different trims in different colors look better.

I see that many have started to make similar comments.

My favorite so far is a LTZ in Silver.

I agree on the silver and that they look better in person. I've been looking at the LT trim level with the 20" black accented aluminum wheels and silver paint and that combo looks sharp in my opinion.

On a side note, GMC finally has their truck builder website completed and for whatever reason any color other than white is an upgrade$$ including silver whereas the Chevy has 7 standard colors. I may end up with the Chevy as it seems the GMC's seem to be 3-4k more for a equally equipped vehicle.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the maroon color was really eye catching. The truck was stunning in that color.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
ksss wrote:
Spent the day at the local Chevy dealer repairing the parking lot, stared at the new HD's all day. I decided that I like the looks of them.

Since April when they started showing up in the parking deck, I have said that they look much better in person, and the different trims in different colors look better.

I see that many have started to make similar comments.

My favorite so far is a LTZ in Silver.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
Hammerboy wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
Well, that surely justifies the $70K+ pricetag!

Who says it was a $70 truck? Maybe it was a $45k truck, everybody complains about the high price of trucks but that's only for those who think they need all the bells and whistles. And there are a lot more bells and whistles in the current trucks than there were just a few years ago
If one complains about the price then simply buy used or a base model for about half the cost. You don't need a loaded truck.

Dan
I am in Phoenix AZ... It gets to 115 or higher in the summer. And a LOT hotter inside a parked car.

Air conditioned seats are not available on base models.... Need I say more?

And they weren't available at any trim level not all that long ago along with a plethora of new gadgets and other tech they have been adding the last few years. Got to pay to play

Dan
Well, I wasn't complaining about the price at all. In fact I believe it is a pretty good value.

I was just pointing out that even though it is true that AC seats did not prviously exist..... That whether one NEEDS them are not can be based on the weather one deals with.... Yes I have gotten along without them for many years... But for just as many years I have wanted them.
Those that have never experienced severe heat.... Cannot imagine it.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ksss wrote:
I would like to see some two tone paint make a return.

I agree... It's been 20 years since GM offered a two tone truck. My current truck is two tone and really like it.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
Hammerboy wrote:
Dick_B wrote:

Who says it was a $70 truck? Maybe it was a $45k truck, everybody complains about the high price of trucks but that's only for those who think they need all the bells and whistles. And there are a lot more bells and whistles in the current trucks than there were just a few years ago
If one complains about the price then simply buy used or a base model for about half the cost. You don't need a loaded truck.

Dan
I am in Phoenix AZ... It gets to 115 or higher in the summer. And a LOT hotter inside a parked car.

And they weren't available at any trim level not all that long ago along with a plethora of new gadgets and other tech they have been adding the last few years. Got to pay to play

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
Dick_B wrote:

Dan

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
FlatBroke wrote:
I canโ€™t trade. Still have a bunch of 1157, etc. bulbs to use up.

Add this to cursive writing and manual trans for millennials for deterrents!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
The styling of the 2020 GMC is far nicer that its Chevy counterpart.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
Seeing quite a few around now, few GMC's in the wild. Whatever the reason, they do look better when your looking at it in real life. I would like to see some two tone paint make a return.
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Saw a new Chebby high country in the wild yesterday. I may have to retract a few of my ugly duckling comments. It was really decent looking imo. But the HCs donโ€™t have the griswold headlights.
Mirrors were still funky but I think our brains have all been trained that the double arm aka ford and gm towing mirrors for the last 10-15 years look โ€œright.โ€
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold