cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a door handle

livemusic
Explorer
Explorer
My other thread is about needing an a/c shroud, now I know I need something else -- a door handle for a 1979 Road Ranger by Kit Manufacturing, 18ft TT. The outside part is like a regular door handle knob and the inside handle is a latch type. Would I need to find something just like this... is this an RV handle and would I have to buy this type or would any old door handle work?

Also, what if I can't make a door handle work for some odd reason, are used replacement doors available for RVs? I don't want to spend much on this cheap trailer, it's not worth much plus I aim to sell it, I have another better one.

This door was in sad shape but we reinforced it with some wood framing inside to make it more sturdy. Trailer is old!
4 REPLIES 4

livemusic
Explorer
Explorer
mobeewan wrote:
Is this one the type you are looking for. I had a late 80s model Shasta Revere that had this type of entry door knob lock assembly. If this is what you have a regular entry door knob lock assembly will work, but the flatter profile of the lever will clear the screen door without modifications to the plastic slider in the screen door.

Yes, it looks like that. Thanks.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Is this one the type you are looking for. I had a late 80s model Shasta Revere that had this type of entry door knob lock assembly. If this is what you have a regular entry door knob lock assembly will work, but the flatter profile of the lever will clear the screen door without modifications to the plastic slider in the screen door.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Don't quit your day job, Steve.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Sorry I don't have an answer. Only a funny story that you brought to mind...

I had the door latch fail on my converted Eagle 10 leaving me trapped inside in a small town in central Pennsylvania.

That was a pretty tall rig. I didn't relish the idea of jumping out of the window. I finally decided that if I climbed out of the bedroom I could catch the top of the tag tire and ease my decent. I was wrong.....

I missed, landed on my heals and bruised them badly. I could hardly walk. When people asked what happened I told them:

"I hurt myself when I jumped out of the bedroom window in the middle of Intercourse.......... Pennsylvania... " ๐Ÿ™‚
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....