Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to the board and Class A scene

Agpopp
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone!
Just sold my Grand Design 317 5th wheel and we are moving to a class a.
Picking up a 2013 Bounder 35K in a couple days and can't wait. Did it for the convenience for my wife when we travel, we tend to do pretty far trips when we go.
I have had a few 5th wheels, and have had a v10 f250 and a 6.7 Dually F350. Both were awesome trucks but that 6.7 was a pulling monster, though the v10 was no slouch with 4.30 gears. We can't wait to try out the Class A lifestyle.

I posted over in the dingy forum about hooking an f150 to this thing so check out my post there too if you'd like.

Glad to be aboard.
AP in Pgh
10 REPLIES 10

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum have many safe adventurers east tn smoky mnts. Still haven't got wife behind wheel yet LOL
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF that bounder is a gasser just be aware of your tow limits.
The most you can tow. Without a drop or rise hitch is the lesser of the hitch rating (likely 5000 pounds) or the difference between the loaded for travel weight of the Motor home subtracted from the Maximum Combined Gross Vehicle Weight (in my case 4000 pounds)

If you use a drop/rise hitch to make it so the tow bars are flat.. The ratind of the hitch drops like a rock divide by at least 2 .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just be sure the dealer makes sure the tires are good. If the tires are original, they need to be replaced. The DOT stamp on the tires will show their exact age.
Welcome to the Class A world. What do you plan to tow?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If she drives at all, have her learn to drive it also, and enough that she gets comfortable doing it. And be very careful getting up and moving around while it is in motion. It is great to be able to move around while in motion, but don't try to cook a five course meal. But a crock pot in the sink works very well if you have 110v available.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Just wait till you cross a high bridge with low railings.... The view gets really good!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Let us know how you like the view out the big windshield. That impressed us when we went to a class A.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Bruce_Brown
Welcome! Enjoy and always feel free to ask questions.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Post some pictures, please!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Enjoy your new rig! And, forums are a great place to get help!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Bobalooie
Explorer
Explorer
Agpopp wrote:
Hey everyone!
Just sold my Grand Design 317 5th wheel and we are moving to a class a.
Picking up a 2013 Bounder 35K in a couple days and can't wait. Did it for the convenience for my wife when we travel, we tend to do pretty far trips when we go.
I have had a few 5th wheels, and have had a v10 f250 and a 6.7 Dually F350. Both were awesome trucks but that 6.7 was a pulling monster, though the v10 was no slouch with 4.30 gears. We can't wait to try out the Class A lifestyle.

I posted over in the dingy forum about hooking an f150 to this thing so check out my post there too if you'd like.

Glad to be aboard.
AP in Pgh

Thus far, this forum has been a great resource for troubleshooting. Safe travels!