Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Carbon-based energy consumption is not growing as much and lagging behind global GDP growth. It used to be the leading indicator. Growth in renewables, however, is doubling every 4 years.

2099 or thereafter but the trend is unmistakable.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Why are there less plants using coal? Because natural gas is cheaper.

Why is natural gas cheaper? Because it is a byproduct of fracing for oil.

What will happen as more EV's on the road? Less oil is needed.

What happens when less oil is being freced? Less natural gas being produced causing prices to increase.

What happens when the price of natural gas cost more than coal? Power plants will start using coal again.

Its all connected.
What happens when wind and solar are lower cost than either NG or coal? That is the real connection.

That is unlikely to happen in the next 30 years. I am not against this and hope it comes, but I am more logical in my estimates. They are based on data, and not what I want to happen.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Electric car clean? Ha, ha, ha...…

Let me show you just one of the problems mining has caused? This coper mine was called "the mine that electrified America." Mining for copper caused this super fund site. This site makes one of the top ten super fund sites in this country. It is such a huge problem just like a nuclear waste site, the fix has to be operated forever. Forever is a long time for a fix.

While on vacation a few months ago I got to visit and see this super fund site. Crazy problem. And like I said above, the fix has to be applied forever. Forever!

This pit has over 40 BILLION gallons of highly toxic water in it.

Check out what happened when over 25,000 geese landed in this toxic soup super fund site.

Nice hu? This is just one copper mine. Just one. How many more mines do you think are going to be made to keep up with the electric car demand? Remember, this is just one mineral and does not even talk about the others that are needed to manufacture LI batteries.

[image]

[image]

A PH of 2.5! Nice hu?

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am surprised nobody commented on this.

Teslas CAN'T Tow Across Country — Watch Us Try and FAIL!

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

I had the misfortune to run out of fuel twice on my 1987 class c diesel. Why? Mechanical failure of a fuel transfer switch. Was that my fault? I don't think so.

However the knuckle heads in this video deliberately sabotaged their trip. Nor did they slow down to increase range.

ShinerBock wrote:

* This post was edited 09/16/19 10:06pm by pianotuna *

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 10:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Brodergate deja vu.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 10:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

LOL, no surprise to me. A super small electric car towing a super small trailer can't even tow across the US and yet Tusk says he can build a class 8 Semi that's going to use 30X++++ the amount of energy at the end of this year......oops......sometime next year.....he keeps on moving the goal post every other month. [emoticon] (I wonder why the Semi was not even mentioned in last 4ter's letter?) [emoticon]

BTW what happened to the FSD cars at the end of this year? Anybody want to bet this is not going to happen either?

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 03:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Electric car clean? Ha, ha, ha...…

Let me show you just one of the problems mining has caused? This coper mine was called "the mine that electrified America." Mining for copper caused this super fund site. This site makes one of the top ten super fund sites in this country. It is such a huge problem just like a nuclear waste site, the fix has to be operated forever. Forever is a long time for a fix.

While on vacation a few months ago I got to visit and see this super fund site. Crazy problem. And like I said above, the fix has to be applied forever. Forever!

This pit has over 40 BILLION gallons of highly toxic water in it.

Check out what happened when over 25,000 geese landed in this toxic soup super fund site.

Nice hu? This is just one copper mine. Just one. How many more mines do you think are going to be made to keep up with the electric car demand? Remember, this is just one mineral and does not even talk about the others that are needed to manufacture LI batteries.

[image]

[image]

A PH of 2.5! Nice hu?

Unfortunately reality does not fit their narrative of clean electric vehicles.

1992 D250 Cummins, 5spd, 4"' straight piped, sensors deleted, airbags, DAP injectors, 18cm.

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 04:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Why are there less plants using coal? Because natural gas is cheaper.

Why is natural gas cheaper? Because it is a byproduct of fracing for oil.

What will happen as more EV's on the road? Less oil is needed.

What happens when less oil is being freced? Less natural gas being produced causing prices to increase.

What happens when the price of natural gas cost more than coal? Power plants will start using coal again.

Its all connected.

Sort of.

Coal plants are closed because they're old and at the end of their useful life. Newer ones are upgraded not closed. You don't sink millions of dollars into upgrading power plants like Homer City PA units one and two which will still be burning coal, because you're going to close it in 5 years.

Not any oil in the Marcellus fields of OH,PA,NY,WV., it changed the model.

A billion dollar Ethane Cracker being built for Shell, two others in permitting. Multiple gas fired generating stations being built, or in the permit process. The pipelines to connect all of it have been going in for the last 10 years including the ones to east coast ports for export. All you see are waterbottles and sandboxes on the road for the fracking, if you need to hire a CDL driver you're basically SOL. It's estimated a 120+ year supply for the US. Below that is the Utica shale, supposedly bigger just harder to get at.

A lot of younger folks with initiative making $150K and up per year without a degree , although they're working 60+ hours a week or more to do so. No ones arguing about EV opinions on the interent, It's the real world around there, not the west coast.

* This post was edited 09/17/19 04:14am by Bert Ackerman *

thomas201

Eastern Panhandle WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/19 04:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love everyone making future projections about trends and oil/gas prices. Having worked with people that did this voodoo I will let you in on the big secret. At least for oil and gas. They do it the other way around. By using the futures market for hedges and collars, they force a price that is used in project decisions. In effect a price is forced by these tools so we know the price into the future. Farmers do the same thing, I assume everyone in a commodity business does it the same way.

In the oil business the ones that don't are gobbled up by those that do. Farmers too (you get to know a lot of farmers in the O&G biz). Somebody that can hedge/collar really well is worth their price in gold.

Of course your predictions are just as good as the next gal/feller.

Pros don't predict, they fix the game.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.