Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 34  
Prev  |  Next
MNGeeks61

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Now back to Ford, GM, Rivian, Tesla... EV trucks.

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot.

You sir wrote the manual on crystal ball reading, and are the creme de la creme of tarot card readers. I also have high praise for your BS'ing skills, which are second to none, and are exceptional when it comes to responding to facts with hearsay, blather, fantasy, and general BS.

Calm down will yah, you might bust a vein or something.

Can we go back to EV trucks now?

You can. Some of us glance over occasionally, laugh at both sides, and move on.

There really needs to be a place for EV discussion that isn't the Tow Vehicles forum.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

This is a fact based on factual data. .

And oh I'm so glad you and "facts" been introduced to each other.

I wonder why those who are from other states would be critical of California. And those Californians who are critical of their own state has not moved out yet?

And if you are from Texas or Florida criticizing California, I'm sure Californians will be laughing in your face.

Logic says if their democratic super majority is so bad, why do they keep on electing them and moving the state from super democratic majority to super super democratic majority.

Or, why is the state becoming the trendsetter for all other states (except the South duh) and other countries in the Europe.

And I'm not even Californian.

Now, can we go back to EV trucks.

And for those who kept on insisting why it's on Tow Vehicle forum, the discussion is whether our next tow truck will be a Ford, GM, Tesla or Rivian EV pick up.

* This post was edited 09/19/19 01:11pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tow vehicles is an appropriate place for this discussion. Some provinces and states are out lawing non zero emmission vehicles as early as 2040. People will want to be informed about what they are buying and forums like this play a role. No different than discussing the current trucks out there. Not everybody on this forum is 70 and not everybody wants to buy a vehicle fueled by gas or diesel.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

This is a fact based on factual data. .

And oh I'm so glad you and "facts" been introduced to each other.

I wonder why those who are from other states would be critical of California. And those Californians who are critical of their own state has not moved out yet?

And if you are from Texas or Florida criticizing California, I'm sure Californians will be laughing in your face.

Logic says if their democratic super majority is so bad, why do they keep on electing them and moving the state from super democratic majority to super super democratic majority.

Or, why is the state becoming the trendsetter for all other states (except the South duh) and other countries in the Europe.

And I'm not even Californian.

Now, can we go back to EV trucks.

And for those who kept on insisting why it's on Tow Vehicle forum, the discussion is whether our next tow truck will be a Ford, GM, Tesla or Rivian EV pick up.

I wasn't being critical of California. I was just stating facts based on US census data, and it is a fact that more of California's poor, elderly on fixed income, and middle class are moving out while mainly the wealthy are moving in due to the high cost of living.

California exports its poor to Texas, ot........r states, while wealthier people move in

Capitol Journal: High taxes be damned, the rich keep moving to California

Californians fed up with housing costs a........d taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Leaving California: Here’s who’s moving out, who’s moving in.

These are just a few of many stories on the subject. California is essentially exporting their government assistance burden to other states wile taking the wealthy from other states due to their policies. As I said, it used to be that the left was for the poor and middle class, but it seems that their utopia that is California is changing to where only the wealthy can survive. It may be that they say they are for the poor and middle class, but their actions don't follow through.

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Tow vehicles is an appropriate place for this discussion. Some provinces and states are out lawing non zero emmission vehicles as early as 2040. People will want to be informed about what they are buying and forums like this play a role. No different than discussing the current trucks out there. Not everybody on this forum is 70 and not everybody wants to buy a vehicle fueled by gas or diesel.

Seems to me there are big differences between being told on a forum that Provinces and States "are" out lawing non zero emission vehicles, and actually out lawing them. I hear Fantasy Island may be out lawing them 1st?

[image]

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

All vaporware at this point but from what I know I will take the Rivian.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Seems to me there are big differences between being told on a forum that Provinces and States "are" out lawing non zero emission vehicles, and actually out lawing them. I hear Fantasy Island may be out lawing them 1st?

[image]

Can’t speak for other places but I believe Quebec’s law passed last year and BC’s passed last month. More common in Europe it seems and as early as 2035 in some countries. No idea in the USA. I don’t follow it.

Most countries are divided up into provinces or states. There are a couple of other terms but don’t translate well. Even the word “state” doesn’t translate well in some languages as it can have a national connotation. It helps to be multilingual for some google searches.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An interesting article.

11000 pounds of towing! (but no range estimate that I can find)

Several many companies most release dates of 2021.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelan........ome-electric-pickup-trucks/#58d6f9c17280

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

...California is essentially exporting ...

Funny, do they put them in chains and pack them in vans?

Tell Texas to impose yyyuge tariffs to keep them poor souls in California.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

All vaporware at this point but from what I know I will take the Rivian.

Amazon and Ford (in partnership with GM?) are investing into Rivian.

I hope they can come up with a pick up that can compete toe-to-toe with Tesla.

Amazon's technology will be a big boost to them. I just don't know about battery technology with the industry saying Tesla is decades ahead.

Musk needs to eat some humble pie. Every time he opens his mouth, my portfolio gets a haircut.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 34  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS