Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/19 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Amazon and Ford (in partnership with GM?) are investing into Rivian.

I hope they can come up with a pick up that can compete toe-to-toe with Tesla.

Amazon's technology will be a big boost to them. I just don't know about battery technology with the industry saying Tesla is decades ahead.

Musk needs to eat some humble pie. Every time he opens his mouth, my portfolio gets a haircut.

GM did not invest- Fact

Industry says Tesla is decades ahead - Do you really agree to that? You think that it will take everybody else more than 10 (or 20 since it is plural) years to have the comparable battery technology?

Your investments show in every post you make.

Things don't just get true because you say so!

Where do you people live that even internet news don't reach you in time?[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

GM and Amazon Invest in Rivian

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Ouch YS1. You better take something for your aches and pains because you just got body slammed with facts. [emoticon]

You and @ShinerBock made me laugh -- spilled my coffee on my keyboard.

No wonder Shiner gets offended when I said he is deficient in understanding. Seems you are following his footsteps.

Do you both even understand the Shiner's premise? Or, the logical flow of the topic he opened up?

Let me spell it to you two: It's that Amazon doesn't pay income tax at all. And that's true. But the good 'ol Shiner had to drag Apple among those not paying taxes. Which even his own post confirms they are -- and the biggest tax payer in the word.

If they are cheating in their taxes, you both should be happy about it since your party demigod (I assume you are with the party having slammed the other), who said that "he is a stable genius for having avoided paying taxes" and thus still won't release his tax returns.

And why would you even slam Apple for giving more contributions to the dems? They both have the same values and goals -- education, hi-tech and highly educated engineers, knowledge based economy and making the US the leading technological global innovator?

Please don't follow through, I need to hold my breakfast.

Now, how are your posts related to Ford, GM, Rivian, Tesla EV trucks again?

When Shiner wants to make a point he links articles to make his point. Almost a dozen in this case. He body slammed you with facts. You are black and blue with facts!

When you "try" to make a point you just type words and expect everybody to believe you. Kind of like a kid that sticks his fingers in his ears and says la, la,la,la...............

If you want people to believe you please link up some facts like Shiner does. Other that that, you are just typing words.

As far as electric stuff goes, when is Tesla going to come out with the Semi? Tusk said this year, then he move the goal post and said next year.

What do you say? When is that Semi coming out YS?

BTW, when is the #1 electric car company going to make money? Is it going to be this qt like Tusk said it was? Do you believe him YS? If so, lets bet. Lets say $100 bucks just between you and me!

Money raise soon! [emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/19 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

When Shiner wants to make a point he links articles to make his point. Almost a dozen in this case. He body slammed you with facts. You are black and blue with facts!

When you "try" to make a point you just type words and expect everybody to believe you. Kind of like a kid that sticks his fingers in his ears and says la, la,la,la...............

If you want people to believe you please link up some facts like Shiner does. Other that that, you are just typing words.

As far as electric stuff goes, when is Tesla going to come out with the Semi? Tusk said this year, then he move the goal post and said next year.

What do you say? When is that Semi coming out YS?

BTW, when is the #1 electric car company going to make money? Is it going to be this qt like Tusk said it was? Do you believe him YS? If so, lets bet. Lets say $100 bucks just between you and me!

Money raise soon! [emoticon]

Yeah, yeah, when caught with the pants down, change subject to semis. Put money bet to make it look serious. Nice strategy! Are you and Shiner brother, or uncle?

Facts alone don't make arguments. It should be in support of a premise.

Shiner premise is Apple, like Amazon, don't pay income taxes. Wrong, they are paying. His link even support that. Capiche!

Before I answer your question on the semis, let me put it to you this way. I don't care when Musk will release the semis. I don't care, I'm not planning to buy one though some here might be dreaming of Tesla RV on semi-platform or dream-hauling operation billing mileage while taking a nap.

And again, let me put this out first. Do you understand what (1) "unveiling", (2) "prototyping", (3) "test runs", (4) "full production" and (5) commercial release/sale mean?

Because 1 & 2 are done. Tesla is doing 3 (see link), 4 is slated for 2020 and 5 thereafter.

Happy now?

Tesla Semi Test Exceed Expectations with 75,000 lbs load.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Amazon and Ford (in partnership with GM?) are investing into Rivian.

I hope they can come up with a pick up that can compete toe-to-toe with Tesla.

Amazon's technology will be a big boost to them. I just don't know about battery technology with the industry saying Tesla is decades ahead.

Musk needs to eat some humble pie. Every time he opens his mouth, my portfolio gets a haircut.

GM did not invest- Fact

Industry says Tesla is decades ahead - Do you really agree to that? You think that it will take everybody else more than 10 (or 20 since it is plural) years to have the comparable battery technology?

Your investments show in every post you make.

Things don't just get true because you say so!

Where do you people live that even internet news don't reach you in time?[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

GM and Amazon Invest in Rivian

Talk about getting caught without your pants: True Facts 1

True Facts 2
True Facts 3

I hope you learn that "in talks" does not mean signed agreement, money exchanged, etc.

Enjoy the weekend, and look for some pants that stay up![emoticon]

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2014 Express 3500 (Code named "BIG ED" by daughters)
previous 2011 Silverado 2500HD CC (6.0, 3.73)
prior 2001 Yukon XL (8.1L, 4.10)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS
previous - 2002 Dutchmen 31BH4DSL

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yeah, and add Apple to that list which is another company who gives considerably more to left politicians every year versus the right.

Told yah to research and find the truth first before you open your trap.

Apples has been faithfully paying income taxes not just here in the US but wherever country they operate.

In fact (which you say you just met), Apple is the biggest taxpayer in the world.

Apple faithfully paying income taxes to all countries??? HA HA HA!!! They are the worst one at going great lengths to avoid paying taxes. Maybe you should do find the truth first before you open your trap.

Fact Sheet: Apple and Tax Avoidance

Commentary: Apple Avoided $40 Billion in Taxes. Now It Wants a Gold Star?

Apple to pay 10 years of back taxes to France

Apple ordered to pay €13bn after EU rules Ireland broke state aid laws

Apple Successfully Avoids $50 Billion in American Taxes

Do you want me to keep going because there are tens if not hundreds more instances of Apple avoiding taxes or using loopholes to avoid paying taxes.

Then there are the sweatshops so not only do they want to avoid taxes, they want to pay bottom dollar for their products that they charge top dollar on at the expense of human lives.

Life and death in Apple’s forbidden city

Suicide at Chinese iPhone factory reignites concern over working conditions

Inside Apple's Chinese 'sweatshop' facto........o produce iPhones and iPads for the West

This is all a bit ironic seeing where their money goes below. It seems they like to say they are for leftist values like paying your fair share in taxes, employing american workers, and paying a fair wage. However, their actions don't reflect that like most on that side.

[image]

ROFLMAO at this one. Yosemite Sam is evidently comparing Macintosh Apples to Horse Apples.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/19 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

ROFLMAO at this one. Yosemite Sam is evidently comparing Macintosh Apples to Horse Apples.

Still bringing nothing on the table of substance but a heckle?

You know this is called a forum -- you know where info, ideas. news and views are exchanged.

Anything about Ford, GM, Tesla, Rivian... EV vs ICE trucks?

Cricket?

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Cricket?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh..............................Yep.

BTW, why are you still not arguing with SB about taxes? LOL.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/19 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Cricket?

Ok but do you want to explain to him and to yourself first the difference between not paying income tax (Amazon) and being the biggest taxpayer in the world (Apple)?

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Cricket?

Ok but do you want to explain to him and to yourself first the difference between not paying income tax (Amazon) and being the biggest taxpayer in the world (Apple)?

No, I don't.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Cricket?

He is still trying to figure out how to clean up his post that INCORRECTLY said GM invested in Rivian now that he understands that others are correct, and he made the mistake.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS