Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next
camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not a big believer in the government (even though I am in fact a government employee... or maybe it's because I am lol) but I do believe in doing the right thing at the personal level even if it's not the cheapest.

The rub is we obviously don't all agree on what the right thing is, right? But if the government is making you do it, it's probably not the right thing.

I oppose all incentives, but they are so ingrained in every part of life imaginable I don't see my opinion changing anything there. So in the meantime I'll take advantage of them when I can, and pay for them with my taxes whether I use them or not. It's fundamentally not right.

I bought our solar array, and wrote a large part of it off. But I also paid more taxes than Amazon, so **** Bezos.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

If you are talking of Nevada, the new administration just passed a bill to make the state source 50% of it's energy needs from renewables by 2030.

LOL. Once the bills start rolling in for attempting to accomplish such a thing that is orchestrated by government, and then they start hitting up the people footing the bills through taxes for the funds, the new administration will become the outgoing administration at the next opportunity.

Nevada, just like California, has a surplus. It can't also have deficit because state laws mandate that state operate on balanced-budget principles. Therefore, it can't pass a law where programs will be unfunded (or on deficit spending) on an un-enacted new tax bill.

But I'm curious, how do you intend the kick out the current Nevada democratic administration from out of Florida?

I don't intend to kick anyone anywhere, the taxpayers of Nevada will do the kicking. They'll do it when they realize what that lame brained and unrealistic plan, instituted by goverment decree, is actually going to cost or is costing them. It will take a little time until the Nevada folks figure out just how bad they shot themselves in the foot the last go around. But then again they're close enough to the wackos in California they may just suck it all in, foot the bill, and sing Kumbaya or something until the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

But I'm curious, how do you intend the kick out the current Nevada democratic administration from out of Florida?

I don't intend to kick anyone anywhere, the taxpayers of Nevada will do the kicking. They'll do it when they realize what that lame brained and unrealistic plan, instituted by goverment decree, is actually going to cost or is costing them. It will take a little time until the Nevada folks figure out just how bad they shot themselves in the foot the last go around. But then again they're close enough to the wackos in California they may just suck it all in, foot the bill, and sing Kumbaya or something until the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

Ah, another tarot card and crystal ball reader.

And that indeed happened in California, they kicked out the remaining right wing out of the deep red Orange County that the state now have a super super democratic majority.

As a result, the state is now on 5th consecutive years of budget surplus (and wish it's also the case at federal level now setting highest deficit and debt).

Now back to Ford, GM, Rivian, Tesla... EV trucks.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Technically, everyone here is a tarot card and crystal ball readers because we are all speculating our opinion on something that has not happen yet. With some it is purely opinion based on emotion and beliefs, and for others it is based on facts and data. Again, it is arrogant and narcissistic to believe that only your opinion is valid and all else is all tarot cards and crystal balls.

In regards to California, they have kicked out most of the poor, elderly on fixed income, and middle class due to their extremely high cost of living from high taxes and regulation. Now mostly the wealthy are moving in. This is a fact based on factual data. So essentially, they are kicking out the poor and elderly, which are the ones that need the most government assistance, so they can be other state's burden. Many of them are actually moving to my state of Texas. I remember when the left used to make policies to help the poor and middle class, now they create utopias where only the wealthy can survive.

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Ah, another tarot card and crystal ball reader.

And that indeed happened in California, they kicked out the remaining right wing out of the deep red Orange County that the state now have a super super democratic majority.

As a result, the state is now on 5th consecutive years of budget surplus (and wish it's also the case at federal level now setting highest deficit and debt).

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot.

You sir wrote the manual on crystal ball reading, and are the creme de la creme of tarot card readers. I also have high praise for your BS'ing skills, which are second to none, and are exceptional when it comes to responding to facts with hearsay, blather, fantasy, and general BS.

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yikes

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Double Yikes

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot.

You sir wrote the manual on crystal ball reading, and are the creme de la creme of tarot card readers. I also have high praise for your BS'ing skills, which are second to none, and are exceptional when it comes to responding to facts with hearsay, blather, fantasy, and general BS.

Calm down will yah, you might bust a vein or something.

Can we go back to EV trucks now?

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/19 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Double Yikes

[emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Bert Ackerman wrote:

Double Yikes

[emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

Just responding to some of your blather, with more blather.[emoticon] [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS