Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next
NJRVer

NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 05/16/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/19/19 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

This is a fact based on factual data. .


And oh I'm so glad you and "facts" been introduced to each other.

I wonder why those who are from other states would be critical of California. And those Californians who are critical of their own state has not moved out yet?

And if you are from Texas or Florida criticizing California, I'm sure Californians will be laughing in your face.

Logic says if their democratic super majority is so bad, why do they keep on electing them and moving the state from super democratic majority to super super democratic majority.

Or, why is the state becoming the trendsetter for all other states (except the South duh) and other countries in the Europe.

And I'm not even Californian.

Now, can we go back to EV trucks.

And for those who kept on insisting why it's on Tow Vehicle forum, the discussion is whether our next tow truck will be a Ford, GM, Tesla or Rivian EV pick up.


I wasn't being critical of California. I was just stating facts based on US census data, and it is a fact that more of California's poor, elderly on fixed income, and middle class are moving out while mainly the wealthy are moving in due to the high cost of living.


California exports its poor to Texas, ot........r states, while wealthier people move in

Capitol Journal: High taxes be damned, the rich keep moving to California

Californians fed up with housing costs a........d taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Leaving California: Here’s who’s moving out, who’s moving in.

These are just a few of many stories on the subject. California is essentially exporting their government assistance burden to other states wile taking the wealthy from other states due to their policies. As I said, it used to be that the left was for the poor and middle class, but it seems that their utopia that is California is changing to where only the wealthy can survive. It may be that they say they are for the poor and middle class, but their actions don't follow through.


LOL! That's funny!
According to you, California is following the business model of WalMart, Amazon, and other low wage, no benefit corporations that force their employees to apply for food stamps to get buy. Thereby shifting the corporations burden onto the local government.

ShinerBock

SATX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 09/19/19 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

...California is essentially exporting ...


Funny, do they put them in chains and pack them in vans?

Tell Texas to impose yyyuge tariffs to keep them poor souls in California.


Instead of creating laws for an environment where the poor and middle class can survive, California's policies, taxes, and regulations are making the cost of living so high that it hard to make a living unless you are wealthy. As the cost of living goes up, so does the poverty line. So yes, they are essentially forcing the poor and middle class out of their state by creating an environment they cannot live in.

ShinerBock

SATX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 09/19/19 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NJRVer wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

This is a fact based on factual data. .


And oh I'm so glad you and "facts" been introduced to each other.

I wonder why those who are from other states would be critical of California. And those Californians who are critical of their own state has not moved out yet?

And if you are from Texas or Florida criticizing California, I'm sure Californians will be laughing in your face.

Logic says if their democratic super majority is so bad, why do they keep on electing them and moving the state from super democratic majority to super super democratic majority.

Or, why is the state becoming the trendsetter for all other states (except the South duh) and other countries in the Europe.

And I'm not even Californian.

Now, can we go back to EV trucks.

And for those who kept on insisting why it's on Tow Vehicle forum, the discussion is whether our next tow truck will be a Ford, GM, Tesla or Rivian EV pick up.


I wasn't being critical of California. I was just stating facts based on US census data, and it is a fact that more of California's poor, elderly on fixed income, and middle class are moving out while mainly the wealthy are moving in due to the high cost of living.


California exports its poor to Texas, ot........r states, while wealthier people move in

Capitol Journal: High taxes be damned, the rich keep moving to California

Californians fed up with housing costs a........d taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Leaving California: Here’s who’s moving out, who’s moving in.

These are just a few of many stories on the subject. California is essentially exporting their government assistance burden to other states wile taking the wealthy from other states due to their policies. As I said, it used to be that the left was for the poor and middle class, but it seems that their utopia that is California is changing to where only the wealthy can survive. It may be that they say they are for the poor and middle class, but their actions don't follow through.


LOL! That's funny!
According to you, California is following the business model of WalMart, Amazon, and other low wage, no benefit corporations that force their employees to apply for food stamps to get buy. Thereby shifting the corporations burden onto the local government.


Yeah, and add Apple to that list which is another company who gives considerably more to left politicians every year versus the right.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/19/19 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazon has reportedly ordered 100,000 electric Rivian vans for delivery service. I bet Ford/GM are starting to feel a bit behind the curve on this one. And I have read UAW is fighting the GM switch to electric [emoticon] Great going UAW... keep building those dinosaurs and you will be extinct along with them.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/19/19 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:


Yeah, and add Apple to that list which is another company who gives considerably more to left politicians every year versus the right.


Told yah to research and find the truth first before you open your trap.

Apples has been faithfully paying income taxes not just here in the US but wherever country they operate.

In fact (which you say you just met), Apple is the biggest taxpayer in the world.

* This post was edited 09/19/19 09:21pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

Turtle n Peeps

California

Senior Member

Joined: 06/23/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/19/19 09:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:


Yeah, and add Apple to that list which is another company who gives considerably more to left politicians every year versus the right.


Told yah to research and find the truth first before you open your trap.

Apples has been faithfully paying income taxes not just here in the US but wherever country they operate.

In fact (which you say you just met), Apple is the biggest taxpayer in the world.


Care you tell all of us how you know how much tax Apple pays?


~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~


"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln


Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2003

View Profile



Posted: 09/20/19 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:



Amazon and Ford (in partnership with GM?) are investing into Rivian.

I hope they can come up with a pick up that can compete toe-to-toe with Tesla.

Amazon's technology will be a big boost to them. I just don't know about battery technology with the industry saying Tesla is decades ahead.

Musk needs to eat some humble pie. Every time he opens his mouth, my portfolio gets a haircut.


GM did not invest- Fact

Industry says Tesla is decades ahead - Do you really agree to that? You think that it will take everybody else more than 10 (or 20 since it is plural) years to have the comparable battery technology?

Your investments show in every post you make.


Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2014 Express 3500 (Code named "BIG ED" by daughters)
previous 2011 Silverado 2500HD CC (6.0, 3.73)
prior 2001 Yukon XL (8.1L, 4.10)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS
previous - 2002 Dutchmen 31BH4DSL

ShinerBock

SATX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 09/20/19 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:


Yeah, and add Apple to that list which is another company who gives considerably more to left politicians every year versus the right.


Told yah to research and find the truth first before you open your trap.

Apples has been faithfully paying income taxes not just here in the US but wherever country they operate.

In fact (which you say you just met), Apple is the biggest taxpayer in the world.


Apple faithfully paying income taxes to all countries??? HA HA HA!!! They are the worst one at going great lengths to avoid paying taxes. Maybe you should do find the truth first before you open your trap.


Fact Sheet: Apple and Tax Avoidance

Commentary: Apple Avoided $40 Billion in Taxes. Now It Wants a Gold Star?

Apple to pay 10 years of back taxes to France

Apple ordered to pay €13bn after EU rules Ireland broke state aid laws

Apple Successfully Avoids $50 Billion in American Taxes

Do you want me to keep going because there are tens if not hundreds more instances of Apple avoiding taxes or using loopholes to avoid paying taxes.

Then there are the sweatshops so not only do they want to avoid taxes, they want to pay bottom dollar for their products that they charge top dollar on at the expense of human lives.

Life and death in Apple’s forbidden city

Suicide at Chinese iPhone factory reignites concern over working conditions

Inside Apple's Chinese 'sweatshop' facto........o produce iPhones and iPads for the West

This is all a bit ironic seeing where their money goes below. It seems they like to say they are for leftist values like paying your fair share in taxes, employing american workers, and paying a fair wage. However, their actions don't reflect that like most on that side.

[image]

* This post was last edited 09/20/19 07:27am by ShinerBock *   View edit history

Turtle n Peeps

California

Senior Member

Joined: 06/23/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/20/19 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ouch YS1. You better take something for your aches and pains because you just got body slammed with facts. [emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/20/19 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Ouch YS1. You better take something for your aches and pains because you just got body slammed with facts. [emoticon]


You and @ShinerBock made me laugh -- spilled my coffee on my keyboard.

No wonder Shiner gets offended when I said he is deficient in understanding. Seems you are following his footsteps.

Do you both even understand the Shiner's premise? Or, the logical flow of the topic he opened up?

Let me spell it to you two: It's that Amazon doesn't pay income tax at all. And that's true. But the good 'ol Shiner had to drag Apple among those not paying taxes. Which even his own post confirms they are -- and the biggest tax payer in the word.

If they are cheating in their taxes, you both should be happy about it since your party demigod (I assume you are with the party having slammed the other), who said that "he is a stable genius for having avoided paying taxes" and thus still won't release his tax returns.

And why would you even slam Apple for giving more contributions to the dems? They both have the same values and goals -- education, hi-tech and highly educated engineers, knowledge based economy and making the US the leading technological global innovator?

Please don't follow through, I need to hold my breakfast.

Now, how are your posts related to Ford, GM, Rivian, Tesla EV trucks again?

* This post was edited 09/20/19 08:04am by Yosemite Sam1 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS