cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Graphics Vinyl Stickers Decals

SeaVee
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting close to purchasing a toy hauler, that I may factory order. I think the graphics on a RV look good when new, but when they fade and peel they make the RV look dated.

If I order new, I am trying to decide if I want to have them deleted, even though I think they look good. If I decide to keep them, any suggestions for keeping them looking new?
9 REPLIES 9

LauraChrissy
Explorer
Explorer
Since you have the outlines of the ghost stripes do like I did....I peeled, stripped, taped and then painted back in the stripes. Looks fresh. Since the stripes aren't too wide I was able to rattle can them with a nice, smooth finish. Anything is better than cracked, oxidized stripes. Also, I was able to change the color of some of the removed decals to match my toad. It's a lot of elbow grease, I even used paint remover at times...runs and stuff. But, It was a win, win considering how horrible they looked to begin with. It's been a little over a year, washed and weathered just fine. Of course it's over fiberglass, you'll still see the spiderwebs to some degree. Also, I did the front (metal) and it's held up fine. I used epoxy white on the metal then added my stripes on top, hasn't peeled or dulled in the 1.5 yrs. since. Had plenty of dirty, greasy mechanics hands on the hood and it washes off fine with gentle soap and water. Hasn't peeled anywhere. If I could, I'd pay for full body but it isn't in the cards....at least it looks decent up close.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well I guess I got a FEMA trailer since I removed the yipe-stripes and now have ghost stipes. Ask me how much I care!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
More UV exposure = quicker degradation of the decals.
I agree, plain white boxes don't look quite "right".
If buying new I'd consider the same thing.
Likely, if it is going to be exposed to the sun for a good portion of the year consider ditching the stickers. If it's more of a weekend rig and stored under roof or cover, get the decals.
Idk?? Tough call
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Our decals started to peel a couple of years ago but it is not noticeable unless one looks close. I replaced the decal in the front. But we always cover our RV with a Sunshield tarp which may have minimized the sun effect; or maybe not.
I like the 303 idea.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
If stored in the sun, the vinyl graphics will deteriorate, although a few products will prolong the effects. Purchasing with painted graphics, or done later at a paint design shop, after purchase is better option. Of course the best option is a storage shed, when not in use, and even the vinyl will last a long time.

Jerry

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Someone beat me to it...they look like FEMA trailers.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Wish mine looked like a FEMA trailer. Iโ€™d even be happy if they were fading and cracking a little. Mine are peeling on the edges and it really looks ghetto. Most places donโ€™t want to take the off or itโ€™s a fortune. I donโ€™t have the energy.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Around here, it seems to be a "thing" for owners to strip the decals off their RVs. We have noticed a substantial number of them. Trouble is, it kinda makes them look like FEMA trailers... ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Many people recommend 303 protectant for vinyl. You could also see if the factory offers the option of painted graphics instead of the vinyl.

Link
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup