cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford V10 Winterize/additive?

hanknjoyce
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a 2017 class b plus with V10 engine after 14 years with a DP. Any need to add stabilizer etc if being stored for winter? We have full hookups at the house when parked. Very cold in winter..perHaps 0 to 10 below.

Hank
Custer SD
2017 Phoenix Cruiser 2910D
5 REPLIES 5

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
If you area does not add ethanol to your gas. You do not need to put anything into the tank for the winter. If you have traveled and may have ethanol gas in your tank. Run the tank down to 1/8 of a tank and add real gas. Then drive it for a bit and run the generator for an hour and call it a day.

Around here real gas is expensive now days. It may cost more than those additives. But I have had engines sit for many years and still started with real gas in the tank.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Our B+ is stored over the winter. We always add stabilizer to the gas, top up the propane tank and take it out about every month for a short run. So far, never a problem.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
We have a wheelchair van that we no longer use. It has been left sitting for 6 months over two winters with temps down to 30 below. I just put Stabil in the tank and no problem when I started it in the spring. I also took it for a drive last week to flush the engine with fresh gasoline and exercise the tires.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, especially if you have ethanol based gasoline in the tank. Be sure to run it, as well as the generator for a good while to make sure it gets into the fuel system and carb of the genny. Cheers.

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, recommend adding Stabil or Sea Foam fuel stabilizer to your fuel tank for any storage periods exceeding 3 months.
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad