Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Help with a value please! Looking to purchase...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Help with a value please! Looking to purchase...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Maybe last year in 2018, or this year in 2019, Ford discontinued the E350 chassis because of it's limited production. The E450 comes now in all 3 wheel bases.

The Ford web site lists the E350 cutaway as a 2019 model. It also lists both the E350 and E450 stripped chassis. If they're eliminating the E350, it would seem to be in the 2020 model year.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Maybe last year in 2018, or this year in 2019, Ford discontinued the E350 chassis because of it's limited production. The E450 comes now in all 3 wheel bases.

The Ford web site lists the E350 cutaway as a 2019 model. It also lists both the E350 and E450 stripped chassis. If they're eliminating the E350, it would seem to be in the 2020 model year.
Interesting. I do see that now. I wonder if the motor home package is available only the E450. I can't recall where I read that the E350 was (or will be) discontinued.

Thanks Drew for the correction!

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just_justin,

Keep on searching. [emoticon] We started our search looking for a small tow behind for our Honda Odyssey back in 2002. Then looked at travel trailers to pull with a full-size van, then looked at C's, and were almost sold, except couldn't find one with enough cargo carrying capacity for our crew of 6 with the space we wanted. We ultimately ended up with the Class A TOWING our Odyssey as in my signature and have been very happy with that decision ever since.

My point being, take your time and do LOTS of research, just like you've been doing. The folks on this board were absolutely instrumental in helping us make decisions over the 2 year process to finally purchase our first RV. We started as complete newbies so we needed a lot of guidance. We still have that RV, so it does pay off to buy the right one the first time.

I think you're starting to get a good handle on what to look for. A good floorplan is probably on the top of the list, but then chassis considerations (weight, towing, etc.) also come into play.

Keep up the research and don't be a stranger! The wealth of knowledge on these forums is amazing. Sure, a couple of us might get "grumpy" from time to time, but take everything with a grain of salt and you'll learn plenty.

Good Luck on your search!

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (22-Angel, Lexi96.org), 1 girl (17), 2 boys (19 & 16).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look up similar rigs for sale on Craigslist and RVTrader, etc. Adjust the price up for a diesel. The market is a better test than NADA.

CapeDave

MA

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/19 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Owners can ask any thing they want but it took me a 1 1/2 years
of looking at the same overpriced used MH to finally find what
I was looking for at a decent price.

FWI NADA is for when the dealers want to buy not when they want to

SELL!

Good luck in your search!

just_justin

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I did end up passing on that one....thanks everyone for the input. Not only did the bank have a problem with the value to loan ratio but all of the little things pointed out here really added to the gut instinct to walk away.

So, the search continued for a very short time, within hours of notifying the seller that I wasn't getting it, a 2001 30 footer showed up on craigslist that was meticulously cared for by an ASE Certified master mechanic that works for UPS (as a mechanic). The value was there so the bank was happy, it was almost $6k cheaper so I was happy and it is a gasser with a gas genny. Although I wasn't looking for one with a slideout, this one does have one for the couch, really opens it up and doesn't sacrifice ANY space when it is in! So we are thrilled!
Came with a 2nd transmission (spare), full RV cover, new awning in the box, rear air bags and a ton of other positives! Dude already sent me a pick of the $100k diesel pusher he replaced it with lol. That one had me drooling!

Again, thanks all for the help!

PatJ

Eastern WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/19 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Interesting. I do see that now. I wonder if the motor home package is available only the E450. I can't recall where I read that the E350 was (or will be) discontinued.

Thanks Drew for the correction!

You may be thinking of the fact that the van (not a cutaway) has been discontinued. The E350 and E450 are now only available as incomplete vehicles. My rig is on a 2019 E350.

In my pre-purchase research I learned the E350 and E450 are now essentially identical, except for frame thicknesses and axle widths of some wheelbases. The things that used to be different (brakes, cooling system, axle ratio, etc) are now the same.

I also learned the E350 is now considered "medium duty" (the E450 always was) which is why it was able to keep the V10. The V10 is not noise or emissions certified for light duty vehicles anymore, but its Ford's only gas engine certified for class 4-7 vehicles (until 2020.)

So I guess in a way the E350 of old was discontinued. But they still use the E350 name on a medium-duty-only cutaway with the same drivetrain as the E450.

Patrick

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Help with a value please! Looking to purchase...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.