cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

St Pete Mobile RV repair reccomendations

Madhatter1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Keystone 5th wheel toy hauler RV in need of repair. Tried calling a few but they fix one thing but won't work on another. Need to find someone soon.
Needs
gas line to fridge repair
slider maintenance
rear ramp door replaced
generator (Onan 5500) tuning

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I am also open to hauling and dropping it at any decent shop or facility within a couple hours. Reason I don't just take it to just any shop is many charge $150 per hour for every guy that works on it. Don't know why the RV industry has such high rates for what mostly amounts to semi skilled work. I am not a cheapskate but just cant see paying $150 per hour when "tech" is $15 per hour unskilled guy.
6 REPLIES 6

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Madhatter1 wrote:
ependydad wrote:
We got decent work out of RV Parts Mall in Sarasota, FL. Maybe give them a call?

Did they give you quotes on work (or close estimates) or was it hourly for the repairs. Trying to call them but line is busy.

I didn't ask. It was all warranty work that I planned on being reimbursed for.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Madhatter1
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
We got decent work out of RV Parts Mall in Sarasota, FL. Maybe give them a call?

Did they give you quotes on work (or close estimates) or was it hourly for the repairs. Trying to call them but line is busy.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Y-Guy
Madhatter1 you want to hit up google or other sources to try to find a Mobile RV service, see how much of your project they can or will take on.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Madhatter1
Explorer
Explorer
Bill, No offence intended on the semiskilled comment. Get that someone like you is skilled. Just can't pay $300 per hour for a guy and his helper for RV work. I pay $125 per hour for my marine Diesel mechanic and $60 per hour for his helper when he brings one (only when needed). We do building management system installs and only get $65-75 per hour and have fairly high wages.

Can't do it myself simply because I don't have the time. Extremly busy at work.

Want to pay someone to do it. Can pay $3000 for all the work. Won't pay $5000 plus on an open checkbook. (I know the relacement door cost is on top of all this)

Prefer skilled. If someone could do all the work for $3000 agreed upon price and was done in half a day I would just write the check. Good for them if they are that good. But can't pay $150 per hour per guy with no limit and unknown skill level.

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
Why not do it yourself if it`s a "Semi Skilled" job -- I`ve worked in the RV trade for many years & I never once thought of myself as Semi skilled -- Bill Willard