cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water hook up

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
We have a newer TT and it has a control center for all your stuff from TV to water. The 5ers have had this for some time. My problem is with the water. The hookup has a knurled round fitting the you tighten onto a hose that would go to your water filter,pressure gauge and onto the source. Two problems you need a 90 degree fitting to allow the hose not to kink. secondly you need to tighten this stuff up good for the connections to not leak.
My hands cannot hardly fit into this unit much less to tighten the fittings. If you try with a set of channelocks you just have no room either.
Who ever dreamed this up has never hooked up.

One other wizardly deal is now a smaller high pressure hose fitting (like an air fitting) for the shower and another service fitting on the opposite side. These things are almost impossible to attach unless you open the hose to allow these to mate. Wonderful except you are sopped by the time you get it done. Winterizing is a treat also.

Any ideas are welcome.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.
9 REPLIES 9

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
the e-man wrote:
I have the same problem. And water leaking inside an rv storage compartment is not a good thing.

I looked at the Camco elbow. On the front of the package it says TastePURE. But on the back, it says warning: this item contains chemicals including lead known to cause cancer and birth defects. Wash hands after handling.

Has anyone found a drinking water safe hose elbow and quick connect?

Thanks.

I'm willing to bet the packaging for the water fill inlet connections with brass check valves have the same warning on them. It's a cya warning for the manufacturer. I've seen many brass fittings with the same warning. Just remember everything causes cancer in California and everything is legal in Massachusetts..

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have the 90 degree fitting but then again it sucks to tighten. That's why I am looking for a better mousetrap. You do need something coming off the connection point and I am thinking the short hose with the wire on it may be the fix. You see unlike many we hook and unhook no less than 20 times a year so problems like this are a total pain.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

the_e-man
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem. And water leaking inside an rv storage compartment is not a good thing.

I looked at the Camco elbow. On the front of the package it says TastePURE. But on the back, it says warning: this item contains chemicals including lead known to cause cancer and birth defects. Wash hands after handling.

Has anyone found a drinking water safe hose elbow and quick connect?

Thanks.
2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
2010 Ram 2500
Travel Trail Sail - Info on Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
This is where quick connects are love. Suffer the tightening once and then forever just click the hoses on and off.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Change the rubber washers at least yearly and you wont have to tighten them as much.

HuckleberryHunt
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 90 degree fitting with the plastic additional grip feature.
2019 Outdoors RV 21DBS
2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Equalizer 4-point WDH

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Camco-90-Degree-Hose-Elbow

Walmart carries them in the RV section.

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
One additional point - Be sure your water pressure regulator is attached to the supply spigot end of your hose. The reduced pressure in the water hose will not require as tight a connection to prevent leakage.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same hook up as you on our 2019 Jayco. I use those short (maybe 8") hose with the wire around to keep from kinking. I screw that on first by holding the nut and screwing the short hose into it.That the best way I've came up with and haven't had any problem with leaking.Haven't had any problem attaching the quick connect hose (blue coil hose) on mine the couple time I've used it.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate