Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Autumn is the traditional time for SF Bay area refineries to do yearly MAINTENANCE TURNAROUND.
Secondly, may I inquire about the source of LA regional REFINERY UPSETS?

Thirdly since the use of MTBE was overridden by alcohol and No2 diesel does not exist anymore since ULSD replaced all grades except marine, in California, there is no seasonal changeover. Alcohol levels remain at 10%

Refinery TURNAROUNDS are scheduled STAGGERED. 1st SHELL then Tidewater, Exxon, then Chevron in the SF Bay Area. They all do not suddenly ramp down and turn off the lights. Southern Pacific operates a vast network of huge pipes alongside every major railroad route. Yes, the railroad no longer exists but the pipeline is a profitable company. They pump 24/7/365. Behind every slug of a product comes a device called a PIG which eliminates product bleeding. SP pumps for many other companies besides refineries. PIGS are push-pull stored at the location.

Refineries operate at 50-60% capacity typically.

So I am expected to believe that a 50 cent per gallon hike is due to refinery upsets and turnarounds? Check your facts. Autumn is the traditional time to resume non-prime-time price humps. This has been historical for 50-years. Since I spent several years at Shell with friends at Exxon and at Chevron in Richmond. Tidewater is now Valero east of the Shell Oil refinery.

And yes, public panic and speculation influence retail prices more than anything else. But my suggestion to fill up now and then wait the six months until spring hurts nothing. Worst case is a full tank that stops condensation or is that an issue as well? Need condensation?

Dragging the USA into war needlessly is so easy to do and so stupid. If you believe the Houthi's manufactured rockets out of sand and Camel dung that's your problem, not mine. The Saudi royalty is paranoid over the possibility of losing their country. They are as stupid as a pile of bricks but someone else you have no control over our government will respond and that is not a guess. The Houthi are puppets of IRAN and could care less if they start a war as long as it's soon.

The only way to firm an opinion up is to let it play out over sufficient time. I say by spring. Some of our less cranial members say "By yesterday" And I do indeed have the scholastic credentials to be a CFO but I saved my life by eliminating daily fights with people who choose to argue rather than think.

TIME WILL TELL. LET IT PLAY OUT.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

We cannot tell our domestic oil producers that they must sell below world prices.

Why not -> when selling to U.S fuel outlets for use here in the U.S??????

IAW ... how about countries without there own crude supplies paying "world prices", but U.S. laws requiring lower local fuel pricing for a certain (government periodically reviewed and adjusted) portion of all crude extracted by U.S oil producers that must be made available for exclusive use here in the U.S.? [emoticon] and [emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

My guess is most Tesla or any other EV drivers don’t drive it because it’s “green”. Go for a test drive and you’ll figure out why most people buy them. I get it. Not everyone is into high performance cars or convenience so not everybody wants or needs an EV. But some are and my guess is that is most of their market. It is around here anyway.

Hmmm ... the ancient technology Shelby Cobra roadster I drove some years ago just might have given any modern technology Tesla a run for the money ... including an EV being in (Tesla's?) Ludicrous mode.

Power to Weight Ratio is Power to Weight Ratio - whether the power be from vehicle-stored fossil fuel or remotely generated but vehicle-stored electrons.

Original Cobra roadster engine sound and acceleration is insane .... but even then it - or no EV - comes anywhere near this: https://jalopnik.com/the-brm-v16-mk-2-is........thing-but-pure-aural-pleasure-1273934656

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 06:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I won't be around when electricity costs sixty cents per kWh. A milk house heater will cost almost a dollar an hour to run. It seems like there is a vast group out there who cannot reconcile the amount of energy they use vs the number of panels needed to charge a titanic bank of lithium batteries to maintain their lifestyle. An RV is laughingly simple to calculate yet many get The Big Surprise when they trying fitting it all together.

I use 80 kWh per month. How about you? Ditching petroleum is going to be the most difficult thing this country has ever attempted. Millions of times larger than the Manhattan Project. And when cars are stalled in -30 traffic it's going to be a disaster. Return to a 150,000 BTU furnace blasting, a 25,000 BTU clothes dryer, a stove cooking dinner and a roof with a foot-thick layer of ice covering the rooftop of panels and you'll have to park outside because of the garage needed space for the lithium battery bank which like the car needs to be kept warm so you're paying fifty cents per kWh because Mexico is charging a fortune for its energy made outside of emerald green EE.UU

I do not know if the world of Psychiatry has a word to describe delusions like this yet. I'm thankful I am going to miss all the misguided lunacy.

Devo the dog

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Saudi Arabia just cut production to 50%. Rocket attacks against refineries and pipelines. You can bet your last dollar prices are going to double because of speculators. Crude has jumped on a weekend a bad bad sign.

This is about your wallet and not political. I am going to jam the tanks tomorrow.

Best wishes folks and that isn't a joke either [emoticon]

What a joke.

Wasn't the imminent recession the bad news that the lame stream media was pushing two weeks ago? Or was that the fake news from 4 weeks ago?

I guess I missed the prices doubling to $7/gal+ because over the last 15 days, the change in price I saw was stable but varied regionally as they always have. If I drive thru a neighborhood that accepts EBT cards everywhere, the gas prices are alway higher than stations in affluent areas. LOL. Maybe it went up $0.10/gal but the prices vary by $0.50/gal in a 20 mile drive.

Did they go up? Barely. But not from $3.85 to over $7 per gallon. LOL.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Ditching petroleum is going to be the most difficult thing this country has ever attempted.
It will be an extended process. As they say Rome was not built in a day.

I have driven about 150,000 electric miles. How about you?

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 11:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As of Monday, gas was up another 6 cents since Saturday
A total increase of $0.60, so far

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 11:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not here in Texas.

Filled up this morning (regular gas) at our local Sam's Club for $2.08. And, yes there were the leass expensive stations on the other side of town.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/Texas/Houston

* This post was edited 10/01/19 12:23pm by wolfe10 *

Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 01:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$3.40 usd usg up from $2.74. A rise of 66 cents.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 02:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John&Joey wrote:

We’re no longer dependent on eastern oil. In the oil fields by Carlsbad where a worker said to me that we were standing on the biggest reserve in the world. Some crazy depth like ?0k feet. He then said we now have the technology to reach it.

i mean it does make sense. If you have a long enough drill you could get to any oil anywhere in the earth from any place on the surface. It's a sphere. [emoticon]

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.