Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

John&Joey wrote:

We’re no longer dependent on eastern oil. In the oil fields by Carlsbad where a worker said to me that we were standing on the biggest reserve in the world. Some crazy depth like ?0k feet. He then said we now have the technology to reach it.

i mean it does make sense. If you have a long enough drill you could get to any oil anywhere in the earth from any place on the surface. It's a sphere. [emoticon]

[emoticon]

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 04:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

John&Joey wrote:

We’re no longer dependent on eastern oil. In the oil fields by Carlsbad where a worker said to me that we were standing on the biggest reserve in the world. Some crazy depth like ?0k feet. He then said we now have the technology to reach it.

i mean it does make sense. If you have a long enough drill you could get to any oil anywhere in the earth from any place on the surface. It's a sphere. [emoticon]

True, true. Just have to get around that hot stuff. The other thing that amazed me was he said they can direct the drill at will. So watch out Canada [emoticon]

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The USA is the LARGEST producer of oil IN THE WORLD. Let that sink in for a minute and then re-read what Mex posted.
We are still in NJ and I am going to have to put gas in my car tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks. It's going to cost me an extra 4 cents per gallon!
Come on folks, almost immediately after the attack they reported that they would be able to get 50% of the supply back on line in a couple of days. Today they are pumping what they were pumping before the attack. In any case, it was never a threat to the US oil supply but Mex did get it right that speculators went off the deep end......for about a minute!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m sure he was going back when oil was well over 100 a barrel and climbing whenever there was a hint of production problems. What changed? Canada oil sands, fracking, and deep drilling technology.

OPEC ain’t calling the shots anymore. Price goes up, profitability to produce local kicks into high gear.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 09:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of you are still being civil about this. I learned a good lesson about this in the 1970s when world coffee prices shot up. It was a pure and simple embargo initiated by Brasil. Columbia, Peru, and African plantations were in their infancy. Like the Hunt Bros in the 70s with Siver, orange juice soared to over 5 dollars a gallon, from a 40% crop freeze in Florida but then no one told the American public that 70 percent orange juice concentrate was imported.

Read reality not watch The Simpsons

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/silver_thursday.asp

Realize it costs a lot of money to pump crude oil ship it halfway around the world store it then refine it. Shale Oil costs are exorbitant but the product is light and sweet.

On with the intrigue...

I already mentioned the conspirators who want higher pump prices. but number one is a state government like California who like Scrooge McDuck bathes in an extra 36 cents per gallon tax windfall. Add it up. Numbers count hot air doesn't.

And finally, we get to China with it's thieving and currency manipulation and use of the PLA in vast factories. three-card-monte cofusion cannot hide the fact that China imports 0ver 90% of its oil. From Saudi Arabia. not only does China depend on Saudi Arabia for energy but millions of tons of plastics. This is China's most vulnerable area of all. basic energy. And do you think I am the only person to have figured this out? Go fix your thinker. China's risk is so precipitous they are kissing Maduro's ass with promises if only Maduro will let china hold the "pink slip" to Venezuela reference what china has done to a couple of countries in Africa.

A gasoline price gouge would only hurt the commander in chief's popularity more. but a market panic because of Iran Houthi / Saudi armed hostilities relieves him of responsibility. Utterly and relieves other issues facing him. Probabilities? Try combining Straights of Hormuz, hair-trigger revolutionary guards and the legacy of the Gulf of Tonkin resolution and especially China who just devalued the Yuan Renminbi AGAIN.
And for a few, Homer and Marge await...or maybe a few gallons of condensation for your Onan carburetor.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 10:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Some of you are still being civil about this. I learned a good lesson about this in the 1970s when world coffee prices shot up. It was a pure and simple embargo initiated by Brasil. Columbia, Peru, and African plantations were in their infancy. Like the Hunt Bros in the 70s with Siver, orange juice soared to over 5 dollars a gallon, from a 40% crop freeze in Florida but then no one told the American public that 70 percent orange juice concentrate was imported.

Read reality not watch The Simpsons

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/silver_thursday.asp

Realize it costs a lot of money to pump crude oil ship it halfway around the world store it then refine it. Shale Oil costs are exorbitant but the product is light and sweet.

On with the intrigue...

I already mentioned the conspirators who want higher pump prices. but number one is a state government like California who like Scrooge McDuck bathes in an extra 36 cents per gallon tax windfall. Add it up. Numbers count hot air doesn't.

And finally, we get to China with it's thieving and currency manipulation and use of the PLA in vast factories. three-card-monte cofusion cannot hide the fact that China imports 0ver 90% of its oil. From Saudi Arabia. not only does China depend on Saudi Arabia for energy but millions of tons of plastics. This is China's most vulnerable area of all. basic energy. And do you think I am the only person to have figured this out? Go fix your thinker. China's risk is so precipitous they are kissing Maduro's ass with promises if only Maduro will let china hold the "pink slip" to Venezuela reference what china has done to a couple of countries in Africa.

A gasoline price gouge would only hurt the commander in chief's popularity more. but a market panic because of Iran Houthi / Saudi armed hostilities relieves him of responsibility. Utterly and relieves other issues facing him. Probabilities? Try combining Straights of Hormuz, hair-trigger revolutionary guards and the legacy of the Gulf of Tonkin resolution and especially China who just devalued the Yuan Renminbi AGAIN.
And for a few, Homer and Marge await...or maybe a few gallons of condensation for your Onan carburetor.
Me thinks there might be a bit too much ethanol in your daily blend.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 12:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't drink bub, or use drugs. My great uncle a Montana pioneer not a transplant taught me how to think.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/19 05:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's always a conspiracy theorist out there somewhere!

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Don't drink bub, or use drugs. My great uncle a Montana pioneer not a transplant taught me how to think.
A pioneer, by definition, would be a transplant. You might need to take a refresher course on thinking. I don't drink "bub" either, but I do occasionally enjoy a cold Bud Light.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 11:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas price up another 2% today.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.