cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

has anyone else experienced this?

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
My stabil load suspension bumps have disintegrated. I looked under the truck and noticed what looked like black shards of glass, but it turns out that the stabil load have literally crumbled! 2 totally, 2 with major cracks, and they're only about 2 years old. I've carried the AFll50 maybe 5 times during that period. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Here are some pics:

26 REPLIES 26

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift came through again! A new set of Stableloads showed up yesterday. Thanks Torklift!

I guess I know what Iโ€™ll be doing today. Just in case youโ€™re near Little Rock, AR and need something to do, I have a stocked beer fridge in the garage. Just thought Iโ€™d mention that.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
They really were great, they shipped the new set including shipping free, and did a follow up email to make sure they were working.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
My hockey pucks on their 3rd season look still good.
They've got their good workout on Alaskan highway this summer.
How much Torklift charges for those chunks of rubber?

Bedlam
I was thinking these 2.5" tall stops may work for you since they compress more:

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Is that 1" with the camper loaded or when empty? You may be able to use Energy Suspension bump stops which compress more than Torklift's.

1" with the camper loaded..I looked for different bump stops more like the ones that came with the truck,but thicker..Because they are inexpensive..As it is now,the truck rides really good without touching the overloads but as I said,it does bug me..

I have thought about falling wedges and other redneck fixes to fill in the small gap..Clamping sections of a horse mat the width of the spring is an easy fix, if I had scraps.I may cut off a couple small sections of my horse mat, when I take the TC off.

No big deal if I don't look though..lol
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Bedlam
Is that 1" with the camper loaded or when empty? You may be able to use Energy Suspension bump stops which compress more than Torklift's.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Sure enough, one of mine is damaged. I know they were intact before our trip because I looked at them after reading this topic.

Dang..I have about 1" before my overload hits the factory bump stop..I have been looking at different ways and different bump stops to fill in that 1" only because it bugs me...I don't need them to make contact as the ride is fine as it is,so I quit looking and went by the old saying,if it ain't broke don't fix it..

But looking at these pictures of shattered bump stops, makes just an old falling wedge in the spring pack look more appeasing.

Sorry to those that have had the TL product fail like that..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Wow, what a coincidence!

I just returned from a couple weeks out west, and after taking the camper off the truck in the garage, I found a piece of something laying on the concrete. That something turned out to be a large chip of black rubber

...the importance of notifying a manufacturer of performance issues / failures asap. TL will respond quickly for sure. Its possible to trace back the batch (the manufacturing plant is probably ISO).

Probably a rubber-glass transition issue (bad rubber polymerization).

Anyone here remember "Silly Putty" the toy? It is soft and rubbery, can be stretched, moulded by hand. Put soft pliable Silly Putty on a table and hit it with a hammer, and it shatters like glass.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
Tork lift is hands down the best company any of us truck camper owners will ever have the pleasure to deal with..just saying..
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what a coincidence!

I just returned from a couple weeks out west, and after taking the camper off the truck in the garage, I found a piece of something laying on the concrete. That something turned out to be a large chip of black rubber. I remembered this topic and said โ€œI know what that isโ€, then started looking at all of my Stableloads.

Sure enough, one of mine is damaged. I know they were intact before our trip because I looked at them after reading this topic.

Iโ€™ll get in touch with Torklift later today or tomorrow.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

SS_Sean
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Is Torklift Chinese company?

No. USA made.
2019 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ LBCC DRW
2008 Lance 1181
2021 Thunder Jet Alexis Pro 22.

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Torklift is sending me a complete new set free of charge. It's what I expected, but it's nice to see a company standing behind it's product.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Is Torklift Chinese company?

No. THey are in Sumner, WA
Bob

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
I spoke with them this morning and emailed the pics. Waiting to hear what they now do.