Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: I got the shakes
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> I got the shakes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/19 02:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

I the shaking is felt in the seat I would supect your tire being out of round of rim bent.Front end problems (loose ball joints, worm tie rods, bell cranks etc) is felt in the steering wheel. Did you check for the tire being out of round? Or check to see if the wheel wobbles?

The tire shop who ive been dealing with warrantied the 2 driver rear tires and did 2 new rims. They said the tires werent seating correctly. The problem didnt change. If it is an out of round tire/rim, its the passenger side rear. Im about to buy 2 new rear rims and make them warranty 2 more tires just to confirm.

1993 fleetwood coronado 30’ class a chuggin along with a tbi 454
An On demand hot water heater was the best thing i ever did

Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im at another truck tire shop having all the tires dismounted, cleaned of equal powder, and re mounted and roadforce balanced. We’ll see how it is on the drive home.

[image]

These equal bags never disintegrated in the tire. Theres a few thousand miles on these at this point. I dont see how this stuff could work.

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/19 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The bags just break to allow the equal flow to the circumference of the tire. Your picture just shows broken bags so they did what they were suppose to do. Many would argue that fixed weights are better and equal could harden do to moisture and throw the balance off, but that does not appear to be your case. Hopefully your new tires and rims fix your problem.

Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/19 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

The bags just break to allow the equal flow to the circumference of the tire. Your picture just shows broken bags so they did what they were suppose to do. Many would argue that fixed weights are better and equal could harden do to moisture and throw the balance off, but that does not appear to be your case. Hopefully your new tires and rims fix your problem.

I just dont see how the beads could distribute properly with the bag in the way. Its a cheap easy way to balance tires but from experience and research the bags are a gamble.

Anyway the truck drives MUCH better with the actual balance weights. I think my problem is solved. I’ll see how the next trip goes. Thank you and everyone else for the help!

Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Some of the bags were whole like this

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Octaneforce wrote:

[image]

Some of the bags were whole like this
Did not see that in your first picture, but that would cause a problem. Hope the weights fix the problem permanently.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> I got the shakes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.