Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: I got the shakes
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> I got the shakes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/19 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Octaneforce wrote:

Bruce Brown wrote:

camperdave wrote:

maybe they left the beads in the bag? [emoticon]

Believe it or not thats how they're supposed to do it. Drop in the number of bags required, they break open when you head down the road.

In ours they've worked well.

I think the bag is part of the problem. One guy on youtube dismounts a tire that had beads for a short amount of time. He rolls the unmounted tire on the the ground and you can see the bag get all caught up and create clumps of beads.

https://youtu.be/ZxTzXDL80mI

It might depend on what brand of beads were used. The bag should disintegrate and be a non-issue. If it's clumping up I'm guessing there is either moisture or possibly tire lube involved. The ones in our tires are moisture resistant and the bags haven't been an issue. And nope, I don't remember what brand they are, sorry.

We're currently camping, 600 miles of smooth and easy travel.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 05:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Left for a trip last night. The coach is tolerable. It doesnt shake much once i set the cruise control at a reasonable speed. It felt a little strange about 200 miles in. Stopped for a break and realized BOTH inner rear tires debeaded. DAMNIT. Im at a truck shop now having it looked at. Appears the filler valves broke off. Not really sure how or when that happened. I cant win with this thing.

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think I'd want to use that shop that sold and mounted your tires. Care to share the name of that place?

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Brian in Michigan

S.E. Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had the same thing happen on the last set of tires. Took it back the next week. After some himmim and hawing they admitted they bent one of the rims. They replaced it and it fixed the problem.

1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

lawjohnson

Lake Stevens WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 10:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a car that was like that. New tires and it shook. Back to the tire store for a re-balance... same thing. Was told it was not the tires must be something else. I asked why it did not have the problem before and they just looked at me. Took it of all places to Walmart since I had to do a bunch of shopping anyway, an hour later... no shake! Went back to the folks I bought the tires from and they STILL insisted that it was the car, not their equipment!
Just food for thought.

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 11:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lawjohnson wrote:

I had a car that was like that. New tires and it shook. Back to the tire store for a re-balance... same thing. Was told it was not the tires must be something else. I asked why it did not have the problem before and they just looked at me. Took it of all places to Walmart since I had to do a bunch of shopping anyway, an hour later... no shake! Went back to the folks I bought the tires from and they STILL insisted that it was the car, not their equipment!
Just food for thought.
My experience with Wal-Mart was the complete opposite. Bought new tires for my car from them and it shook as soon as I got over 45mph. Let it set in the drive for awhile and found a weight laying on the driveway the next day. Took it back and they re-balanced the tires. Same result. Unnecessary shake at highway speeds. Found a shop near me with the Hunter Road Force machine and took it there to have them re-balanced again. As soon as got on the highway I could feel the difference - perfect! I'll never buy another tire from Wal-Mart. I'm sold on Tire-Rack who delivers tires to the shop with the Road Force balancer, he calls me to let me know they're in and schedule an appointment. Love the service there.

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Octaneforce wrote:

Left for a trip last night. The coach is tolerable. It doesnt shake much once i set the cruise control at a reasonable speed. It felt a little strange about 200 miles in. Stopped for a break and realized BOTH inner rear tires debeaded. DAMNIT. Im at a truck shop now having it looked at. Appears the filler valves broke off. Not really sure how or when that happened. I cant win with this thing.
What color was your filler valves that broke off? By "debeaded" do you mean the beads came out the broken valve stems?

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Or that the tire bead broke loose from the rim???

Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wolfe10 wrote:

Or that the tire bead broke loose from the rim???

The old fill valves looked like gold/brass color. By debeaded i mean the tire was not "stuck" to the rim anymore. I didnt see any balancing beads. I dont even know if they are actually in there. The balancing beads brand they claimed to have used were equal brand bags.

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/19 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the bead wasn't seated that would lead me to believe there was no air left in the tire first.

Sounds to me like a bunch of incompetent clowns did your tires. Wow, just wow.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> I got the shakes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS